mattacuk
post Jul 25 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #21

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.001

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 25 2007, 06:13 PM) *
For rock it is actually that simple - the chord notes are the strong ones.

You don't necessarily need to memorise them - if you are jamming in the pentatonic scale the strong notes are never far away. So just experiment and try bending from the different pentatonic notes until it sounds good! Many times you don't even have to bend - just give a pentatonic note some vibrato - and there you have it! smile.gif

Excellent - i cant certainly work with that biggrin.gif Thanks Kris and Andrew. Ive been working on all techniques at GMC in the hope i will make a good COW, MOOOOOOO!!!! laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AIB234
post Jul 29 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #22

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.303

Very nice, matt! I enjoyed it quite well.

As for strong notes, by Andrew's explanation, would it be fair to say that the root or 5th note of any given chord are the strong notes?

@mattachuck: it looks like you use a few repetitive patterns throughout your piece in different boxes and strings, would you mind posting what patterns you are using? I really like them.

EDIT: I just did a little reading and I see that the strongest note would be the root, medium notes would belong in the chord, weak notes belong in the scale, but not the current chord.

This post has been edited by AIB234: Jul 29 2007, 10:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Jul 31 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #23

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.001

QUOTE (AIB234 @ Jul 29 2007, 10:37 PM) *
Very nice, matt! I enjoyed it quite well.

As for strong notes, by Andrew's explanation, would it be fair to say that the root or 5th note of any given chord are the strong notes?

@mattachuck: it looks like you use a few repetitive patterns throughout your piece in different boxes and strings, would you mind posting what patterns you are using? I really like them.

EDIT: I just did a little reading and I see that the strongest note would be the root, medium notes would belong in the chord, weak notes belong in the scale, but not the current chord.

I would be more than happy to post them. Ive never written tabs before i might need a little help from Andrew with that!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Nick325
post Jul 31 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #24

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.387

hey mattacuk could you upload it onto youtube becuase it wont let me view it on google video

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Jul 31 2007, 11:47 PM
Post #25

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.167

QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jul 31 2007, 06:21 PM) *
I would be more than happy to post them. Ive never written tabs before i might need a little help from Andrew with that!

I'm stranding by ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 04:09 AM