> Re-create Facebook Account?
Mertay
post May 1 2015, 02:22 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 18.294

Clicked on something that turned out to be a virus and spreaded to my contacts mad.gif

I managed to clean it (I think) from chrome and facebook app.s. I had no idea of the app.s section and can't remember almost all of it when I added huh.gif

So I selected to delete my account. It gives 2 weeks before complete wipeout. I thought maybe after that I can re-enter facebook and create a guitar based account with my name, something like a blog or artist account?

or shall I keep the current account and create a business type side-account and never enter the personal one?

I don't care for people I never see, bored of the stuff people share but do use the messaging with friends...I can always add friends to any of the 2 options I just asked about...How would you approach this?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post May 1 2015, 10:09 PM
Post #2

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.410

Usually Facebook rules suggest that you have a personal account for connecting with your friends and family. For other purposes, such as promoting guitar stuff/music etc you could create a facebook page and connect it to your personal account so that you are the admin of it. Pages do not allow adding "friends", rather people need to like your page to follow you. There is messaging feature though available for pages which is really neat.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
Mertay
post May 3 2015, 12:09 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 1 2015, 09:09 PM) *
Usually Facebook rules suggest that you have a personal account for connecting with your friends and family. For other purposes, such as promoting guitar stuff/music etc you could create a facebook page and connect it to your personal account so that you are the admin of it. Pages do not allow adding "friends", rather people need to like your page to follow you. There is messaging feature though available for pages which is really neat.

Then lets say cleaning personal account smile.gif

if someone messages me from the business account, do I see any notification on my personal account?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post May 3 2015, 12:22 PM
Post #4

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.410

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 3 2015, 01:09 PM) *
Then lets say cleaning personal account smile.gif

if someone messages me from the business account, do I see any notification on my personal account?

Do you mean if someone sends a message to your facebook page? Yes, you should see the notification when logged in with your personal account. It wouldn't be in your personal messenger though rather you'd need to go into facebook page messages inbox. Actually, there is no separate login between personal facebook account and facebook pages. Facebook pages are managed via personal account which is connected to it.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
Mertay
post May 3 2015, 06:11 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Thanks! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 8 2015, 07:26 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Did you change your password yet? IF not, CHANGE IT! And make it something secure. Soooooo many folks use pretty silly passwords like "password" or "1234" or something that's just begging for hacking.

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 3 2015, 01:11 PM) *
Thanks! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
post May 8 2015, 08:13 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 8 2015, 06:26 PM) *
Did you change your password yet? IF not, CHANGE IT! And make it something secure. Soooooo many folks use pretty silly passwords like "password" or "1234" or something that's just begging for hacking.

Thanks, it was a facebook app./group thing though my computer does seem clean you're right I should change it...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2017 - 11:52 AM