2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Help With Gear!, Help with gear!
Todd Simpson
May 14 2015, 02:20 AM
GMC:er
You can put a Microphone on your amp and run the mic cable in to your interface, or run a cable from the speaker emulated output directly in to your interface, or skip all of the drama entirely and just plug straight in to your interface and use TH2/AMPLITUDE/GUITAR Rig smile.gif

Whatever works for you!

Todd

QUOTE (Hajduk @ May 13 2015, 03:09 PM) *
Thanks dcz702 smile.gif I have a pair of Seinheiser HD 125s and I understand what clipping is as well. Actually quite excited about doing record take this way! Is it OK to run your line amp through pedals into interface? Thanks Mertay I was actually looking into that pedal smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dcz702
May 14 2015, 05:31 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Hajduk @ May 13 2015, 07:09 PM) *
Thanks dcz702 smile.gif I have a pair of Seinheiser HD 125s and I understand what clipping is as well. Actually quite excited about doing record take this way! Is it OK to run your line amp through pedals into interface? Thanks Mertay I was actually looking into that pedal smile.gif

Not sure what you mean by line amp through pedals.
If you mean what I think you do then, you can run your overdrive or distortion pedals after your guitar and before your amps input. Overdrives typically go before the amp, just for future reference pedals like wah, phase, overdrives and compressors go before your amp. The emulated output of a blackstar is made to simulate the sound of a amp through a cabinet and that output will have the sounds of your pedals that are going into the Input of your amp.
So your setup would be Guitar>overdrive>amp input. Then ht 1 out> audio interface. I would just dive in and play around.
When I started here at GMC I had no idea about recording, along the way I have used plug ins like amplitube wich is good with some fiddling with settings, but for me was more of a pain than anything cause I just wanted to play instead of turning knobs all the time. The. I miced my amp with a senhieser sm57 mic wich gave very good results, but girlfriend was always telling me she's trying to sleep. Then that's when I got a blackstar, and it was perfect. Now that I've gained little bits of knowledge from this community (thanks Todd smile.gif ) and gabe , Darius, cos and all the users. ) I've moved on to fx processors wich I think is ideal. But your blackstar is good and will work great I know from using it for countless hours.
Micing is kind of fun though you should try all options available to you.
Just dive in and have fun

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Hajduk
May 14 2015, 09:22 AM
Learning Rock Star
Wow smile.gif Thanks for all the great advice, have learned so much from you all THANK YOU! Yes dcz702 I meant what to run after your guitar and before your amp smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:05 AM