post Jun 11 2015, 09:26 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 18.294

Anyone tested the voxengo Tube Amplifier? smile.gif

http://www.voxengo.com/product/tubeamp/

Might be one of those hidden jems. Super warm sounding amp or mix tool for warming up various sources.

Set clean (I drive mode 1) and add eq and cab. plug-in after. I boosted 3khz on the cab. sim I use...it has no eq, so you can transform it to whatever you like smile.gif

The clipping is asymmetric, so very little drive on it really jumps when you add your overdrive before it. Thats why shoot for a clean drive setting that will be always on. If too much when adding distortion before it, it can get muddy.

I add the SAT mode and (right next to it) upsampling auto so it won't use much CPU when recording but uses 8x upsampling when rendering the final mix.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jun 13 2015, 07:47 AM
Post #2

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Killer plugin smile.gif I like all the VOXENGO stuff. Especially the free bits smile.gif It's linked in my free plugins thread in my forum. It's also a great way to warm up a mix. You can put it on the master bus and get some great results smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jun 11 2015, 04:26 PM) *
Anyone tested the voxengo Tube Amplifier? smile.gif

http://www.voxengo.com/product/tubeamp/

Might be one of those hidden jems. Super warm sounding amp or mix tool for warming up various sources.

Set clean (I drive mode 1) and add eq and cab. plug-in after. I boosted 3khz on the cab. sim I use...it has no eq, so you can transform it to whatever you like smile.gif

The clipping is asymmetric, so very little drive on it really jumps when you add your overdrive before it. Thats why shoot for a clean drive setting that will be always on. If too much when adding distortion before it, it can get muddy.

I add the SAT mode and (right next to it) upsampling auto so it won't use much CPU when recording but uses 8x upsampling when rendering the final mix.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 02:30 AM