> Reaper Media Files Folder
Phil66
post Jul 8 2015, 08:56 PM
Post #1

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.975

Hello everyone,

Ok, is there a way to change the default location of the Reaper Media Files location? In my Cakewalk DAW I have a CWP folder that stores all of the CWP files and I have it in my "Guitar Practise" folder, I'd like to set the same location for the Reaper Media files folder. I always get this when I click save.

I've looked as I thought it should be easy but I can't find it, unless I'm being a total dingbat rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
post Jul 9 2015, 02:01 PM
Post #2

GMC:er

Member No.: 12.764

For me I have all my paths changed up as I do a different drive. When I click save project as, it opens my Default recording path. Hopefully that helps. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez RG920QM (Black Ice) , Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez RG470XL (Black Perl) , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Kemper Profiling Amp , Mesa Mark 5:25

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Jul 9 2015, 07:21 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Jul 9 2015, 02:01 PM) *
For me I have all my paths changed up as I do a different drive. When I click save project as, it opens my Default recording path. Hopefully that helps. biggrin.gif

Thanks, I'll have a deeper look.

smile.gif

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Jul 11 2015, 08:13 PM
Post #4

Cheers,

I couldn't do exactly what I wanted but I've sorted something out.

In Guitar Tracks there is a Cakewalk Projects folder that you can put anywhere, this saves ALL .CWP files in there when you click "save", so when you select "file>open" it opens that folder showing all projects regardless of where you have stored the project's .wav files.

Sometimes I have wished it didn't work like that but when I started using Reaper I missed it rolleyes.gif I guess I'll get used to Reaper though smile.gif

Thanks.

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2017 - 03:44 PM