8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Badass Blues Collab, It had to happen
Jim S.
Aug 16 2015, 08:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys thanks! I sent Ben a PM but thought it might be more appropriate as a group response. I asked Ben how he would merge the best from all my takes and I'm not sure which parts hit home the best. Does anyone have any specific spots where you thought wow that's good or " meh blah blah?" Let me know!

Would anyone like to harmonize 1 lick? Maybe the neo classical lick Ben referred to?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jim S.: Aug 16 2015, 08:48 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Aug 17 2015, 01:24 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 16 2015, 05:38 PM) *
that sounds excellent Joe. proper badass sounding cool.gif its good to hear some of your solos again smile.gif

Thanks bleez. Been away from guitar for a bit. Feels good to get back at it.
Looks like you got yourself a strat now? I don't think I've ever seen you record something with out a LP. Sounds real good man. cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 17 2015, 08:21 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Aug 17 2015, 01:24 AM) *
Thanks bleez. Been away from guitar for a bit. Feels good to get back at it.
Looks like you got yourself a strat now? I don't think I've ever seen you record something with out a LP. Sounds real good man. cool.gif

thanks dude smile.gif Ive really got into the sound of fenders lately. I borrowed that one from a mate but Im really liking it though. I think Im gonna trade my newer LP for a tele or strat ohmy.gif Im getting sooo old!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 18 2015, 09:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 16 2015, 04:39 PM) *
(Production files: here is a zip of project file LOGIC PRO X format. I don't know if more than one or two people have LOGIC X, or use Mac computers for that matter, but here goes. Anyhoo, unzip and check the pedalboard on the guitar channel. Guitar is recorded dry and using only logic built in bits for fx)
[attachment=42714:BluesTod...t.logicx.zip]

Here is my guitar only track and track with backing. smile.gif

[attachment=42707:Todd_Solo_Only.mp3]

with backing

[attachment=42709:BluesPro...mov_copy.mp3]

And here is the vid smile.gif
Download Link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9IcD8RC26...iew?usp=sharing
Preview

P.S. I'm switching away from DROPBOX to GOOGLE DRIVE as Google drive is 2bux per month for 100 gigs.

SIGNAL CHAIN:
Rick Hanes (prototype) "Crusher"
Spectraflex Cables/VonHotch Picks
USB direct recording clean (via 11 rack) / LOGIC X for all tone/fx.

T-Maxx brings the heat! Thanks T - grabbin' yo' files now smile.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Aug 16 2015, 05:11 PM) *
Hey all, Here is what I came up with for the blues collab. I was going to record it with video at same time but realized I loaned my camera out. rolleyes.gif A video will follow soon and I can re-record with suggestions.

Bloody 'ell. Joe DeGroot wins the internet for today. I think I'll go home.

Hint: I like it. A lot. cool.gif

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Aug 18 2015, 09:51 AM
Learning Roadie
is this take match ?

the sound is awefull , i must re-done it

edit:

or maybe this one

yes i know, i do not have the mojo theses time

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Aug 18 2015, 01:25 PM

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 18 2015, 09:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jim S. @ Aug 16 2015, 07:47 PM) *
Hey guys thanks! I sent Ben a PM but thought it might be more appropriate as a group response. I asked Ben how he would merge the best from all my takes and I'm not sure which parts hit home the best. Does anyone have any specific spots where you thought wow that's good or " meh blah blah?" Let me know!

Would anyone like to harmonize 1 lick? Maybe the neo classical lick Ben referred to?

I really like Jim's 1st take and the take he uploaded on August the 6th. However, I believe they can all stand alone as their own solos because they're all really good. It can stay all bluesy or it can go more modal and even classical, like it did in your last take. I think a bit of both worlds works best as it's what I'd most likely do too smile.gif

+Quote Post
GGTopGuitarist
Aug 19 2015, 06:22 PM
Learning Guitar Hero

Here is my take on the Baddest Blues Backing track in the world! |,,| (happy.gif) |,,| biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by GGTopGuitarist: Aug 19 2015, 06:23 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 19 2015, 06:42 PM
GMC:er
NICE!!!! Great combo of blues licks with modal stuff and full on Satch hammer/pull bits!! Well played smile.gif

QUOTE (GGTopGuitarist @ Aug 19 2015, 01:22 PM) *

Here is my take on the Baddest Blues Backing track in the world! |,,| ( happy.gif ) |,,| biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 19 2015, 07:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GGTopGuitarist @ Aug 19 2015, 05:22 PM) *

Here is my take on the Baddest Blues Backing track in the world! |,,| (happy.gif) |,,| biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

'Kin 'ell, mate - that's stupendously good! What a pleasure that was to listen to - glad to have you aboard smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Aug 19 2015, 07:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (GGTopGuitarist @ Aug 19 2015, 01:22 PM) *

Wow.... That was just great

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Aug 19 2015, 08:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Nice George !!!

Ben, what's up about my prestation ?

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Aug 20 2015, 01:05 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Aug 18 2015, 04:51 AM) *
is this take match ?

the sound is awefull , i must re-done it

edit:

or maybe this one

Laurent

I can't hear anything!!! Sounds like a vidro game in a fish bowl. It must be something goofy when uploading or something. Can you send again?

+Quote Post
GGTopGuitarist
Aug 20 2015, 01:30 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Haha thank you guys smile.gif It's a lot of fun and a great collab biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif |,,|

This post has been edited by GGTopGuitarist: Aug 20 2015, 01:31 AM

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Aug 20 2015, 03:53 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Hey Ben, Here are the files for this badass collab!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Badass_blues_collab.mp3 ( 1.27MB ) Number of downloads: 67
Attached File  Badass_blues_guitar_only.mp3 ( 1.27MB ) Number of downloads: 67

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Aug 20 2015, 08:09 AM
Learning Roadie
I can't hear anything!!! Sounds like a vidro game in a fish bowl. It must be something goofy when uploading or something. Can you send again?

you might have troubles ...

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 20 2015, 11:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Aug 18 2015, 08:51 AM) *
or maybe this one

Laurent

Hi Laurent, this is your best take! Your note choice is SO much better and the pacing and spacing of your phasing is really good. The tone is also just right smile.gif

I can hear that you spent some time and composed some of your phrases? This is a good approach and I encourage players to do this. If we improvise everything it can be hit and miss but these collabs are a good opportunity for us all to sit down, share ideas and practise writing solos. Now that you've done so, you've achieved the best take yet - it's really good.

P.S. Sorry I missed your videos. I think what happened is that you posted them just as I was writing my post so when I posted my reply I didn't see yours. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Aug 20 2015, 11:16 AM
Learning Roadie
thkx for listening smile.gif

yes i try to compose some part of this solo, i had an otherall idea , but it's not always easy to play what you can hear in your head.... even more when you are a (almost) beginner.

now i'm impatient to see the results with all our takes smile.gif

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 20 2015, 11:23 AM
Instructor
Hey all, don't forget that TODAY is the FINAL day of the collab!

You still have the rest of today but tomorrow I will have to say the collab is officially closed, ok?

So, if you can get me your files over the next few days that'll be great and I'll start putting it all together smile.gif

Reminder: I'll need -

Video
guitar only
mp3 or wav. Hint: mp3's are smaller and we won't notice the quality difference tbh wink.gif

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Aug 20 2015, 11:26 AM
Learning Roadie
damn !!!

i do not have the guitar only..... i must redone it.......... pfffffffffff i sucx

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Alex5
Aug 20 2015, 11:56 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Jim S. @ Aug 20 2015, 12:05 AM) *

Same problem for me. Resolved by watching it in lower quality.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:38 PM