Bogdan Radovic
post Aug 17 2015, 10:22 PM
Post #1

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.410

Anyone good at any of the sports? smile.gif

As I kid I tried the usual, basketball, football, volleyball and handball and I must say I was never really good at any of them. Especially at basketball and football which we played a lot growing up. Then, I tried tennis just out of the blue and fact that we "friends from the neighbourhood" thought it was hip and bam - I found my sport smile.gif I am the only one who persisted and stick with it and I still enjoy playing it today.

What makes me think is that we always need to try different things to find what we are really good at or what we feel good about. I'm sure that if I trained hard, I could have been better at football or basketball but then again with tennis - it just felt more natural and ultimately fun. Same with the instrument, my first contact with a music instrument was probably the flute in the grade school and piano. Although even though till this day I perceive the piano as an amazing instrument and something I wish I was better at - guitar and later bass were my instruments. I don't believe I was talented or something (I dare to say I think opposite actually) - but it just felt good and fun to practice.

Sorry for getting off topic, what is your sport of choice and are you actively training/getting a chance to play it?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzalfa
post Aug 17 2015, 10:28 PM
Post #2

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 20.796

Hi Bogdan

some years ago i was good at Thaï Boxing, i have done some succes in regional contest.

now i'm too old for practicing it..... that hurt a lot ! i have practice it for near 10y

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Aug 17 2015, 10:32 PM

--------------------

Yes, i love badges.....

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Aug 17 2015, 10:35 PM
Post #3

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.410

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Aug 17 2015, 11:28 PM) *
Hi Bogdan

some years ago i was good at Thaï Boxing, i have done some succes in regional contest.

now i'm too old for practicing it..... that hurt a lot !

Laurent

WOW that's so cool!
Sports are especially fun when going to contests and such. I really like competing as it makes you focus more than when just training.

I never got a real chance to try that kind of sports. My memory is that as a 5 or 7 year old kid, my parents signed me up for a karate training sessions. There was my friend already training it. Hehe thanks for bringing this memory up, it is so funny to remember it. Basically, the training session started and all the kids started running around like CRAZY smile.gif Basically we all though we would get to fight for real or something which never happened. I've lasted for 2 sessions exactly laugh.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
petr
post Aug 18 2015, 08:05 AM
Post #4

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 13.885

Hi Bogdan,
I do climbing, sometimes it is difficult to play a guitar after a training session but I enjoy doing both anyway.
Petr

+Quote Post
fzalfa
post Aug 18 2015, 08:56 AM
Post #5

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 20.796

actualy the only sport i still practice is sometimes racetrack with bikes.

i have build a bike for.

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Aug 18 2015, 02:27 PM

--------------------

Yes, i love badges.....

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Aug 18 2015, 09:59 AM
Post #6

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

As a kid I was really into football (like most kids) but then guitar came along and saved my life at around 10 years of age. tongue.gif

Now it's just running. I'd like to get back into the MA one day but we'll see.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
post Aug 18 2015, 01:13 PM
Post #7

Learning Tone Seeker

Member No.: 18.479

When I was kid I never had time to make a sport or to go outside and play with other kids. At 4 years old I got my first real piano and I didn't want to do nothing else than learn to play. At 7 years old I decided to go at music school and definitely was the start for avoiding to break my hands, legs, fingers.

With 8 years back I start to go at riding horse and make jumping over obstacle. I always wished to do this sport but when you want to practice this more than a hobby becomes a very, very, very expensive choice. I did this around 6 years (and I reached a good level), until I bought my guitar. Then, I start to play at guitar and was the second time in my life when I start avoid to break my hands, fingers, etc.
But I go at riding everytime when I need to relax myself. For me nothing can replace the feeling of freedom when you gallop with a horse wink.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
post Aug 18 2015, 02:16 PM
Post #8

GMC:er

Member No.: 17.304

As a typical american kid - Baseball. *I broke 3 different fingers over several years.

Now - I like to ride a bike. No racing or anything like that. There are a lot of hills where I live so it's pretty good exercise for me.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Aug 18 2015, 03:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Aug 18 2015, 02:55 PM
Post #9

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

I used to play football when I was a teenager. Nowadays I started to play again every Monday with many musicians from other bands. It's cool to join them in another space and doing a completely different activity.

I'm also thinking on getting back to the gim or maybe start running. 1 day of sport is not enough.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2017 - 01:46 PM