> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Voice Of Your Guitar, Lesson By Cosmin Lupu
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3
post Aug 22 2015, 05:07 PM
Post #1

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 13.885

Original lesson: The Voice Of Your Guitar by Cosmin Lupu

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Aug 22 2015, 08:58 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Hi Petr,

This is a great lesson to work on techniques that based on this take, you still have room to polish. I'm talking about these elements:

- bending
- vibrato
- timing

Each of this topics can be polished on this take and the way to do it is focusing on one per time and adding some extra exercises to train your technique, but also playing along with the original lesson.

Your bending is not totally precise yet, there are some that reach the pitch but many that are close but not there. You need to get more comfortable with this technique. Vibrato is really weak on this take, it's better on the first half but not totally consistent.

Please keep on practicing this one, and let me know if you need help on what thing to use as complementary exercises.

Keep on the hard work!

My lessons

Don't miss my New Guitar Session at VCHAT,
this Wednesday at 20 hs (London Time).

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Aug 24 2015, 11:06 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

Hi Petr this is a solid effort on this lesson. It really demands control from a guitar player and I think you handled it very well in that regard.

-Bending is generally very good. There are some bends that maybe fall slightly under pitch in the first half but most of your bending is very precise and it sounds pleasing to the ear so great work.

-Vibrato. As Gabriel mentioned, your vibrato is very minimal at the moment. You can build this technique over time so be prepared that you may have to spend longer working on vibrato in order to make this overall lesson sound even better.

-Timing. Your timing is good but I mention timing because you play the main melody in a different timing to Cosmin. Listen again to his version and you'll notice the timing relationship between the 2nd and 3rd note of the main melody is different. You have to play the 2nd and 3rd notes a bit earlier than you do here, ok? This is a relatively easy fix so it you get that sorted out first you can focus your attention on bending accuracy and vibrato development smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Aug 24 2015, 10:57 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 17.069

Like Gabriel said - your bending needs polishing but it is already quite descent! smile.gif Just a little more time with the lesson and you should be able to have 100% of bend done perfect.

I think your tone could have a little more middle and bass frequences. It sounds thin to me. Not always tone ifference matters that much but in this case we need warmth in the tone to boost that nice, mellow mood of this tune.

Thing that probably takes most of my attention here is the way you make those ornaments - like 0:18. You could spend some more time practicing how to achive proper timming and consistent pitch chnages in this particular lick,

+Quote Post
post Sep 1 2015, 05:18 PM
Post #5

Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.338

Almost there, 5.3

Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2016 - 08:41 AM