> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Legato and Picking - Beginner, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Anese
Oct 4 2015, 10:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Legato and Picking - Beginner by Muris Varajic

Hello :)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 5 2015, 07:00 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese!

Wise desicion to share this one also here. Anese has been working on this lesson at my mentoring program where I've shared my thoughts on this take. Link HERE..

Looking forward other instructors opinions.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 7 2015, 04:49 PM
Instructor
Gab's army getting stronger and stronger....same with your legato - it's not only easy to hear but also visible on the video that you bring a lot of strength to execute proper vibrato. I suppose going this direction you'll find yourself not having problems to execute it on acoustic or classical guitar with higher strings action and thicker gauge. When I see this happen I always feel like someone gets additional points to the value of take quality smile.gif

There are one, max two moments where you slipped but I believe it could be possible to get those done just by making another take. You already did a lot of justice to this lesson

Try to decrease the gain or recheck if your cables are ok. There is way too much hum/buzz in your tone and nosie gate will not always do the job

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 11 2015, 02:12 PM
Instructor
Hi there. This is a very good effort and you demonstrate a good grasp of legato. It sounds smooth.

There are some timing issues, especially at the beginning. This is quite common with this lesson because it's actually harder to perform legato at slower tempos, due to our fingers wanting to move too soon. It takes a lot of control but you're heading in the right direction with this. Keep up the good work!

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 14 2015, 06:51 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:54 AM