> New Gear Day (krankshaft Od)
Todd Simpson
post Oct 5 2015, 06:56 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

I ran across a KRANK "Kranshaft" Overdrive and just had to get it. I've been looking for one for quite a while and haven't seen them in the wild in years. It's like a really angry tube screamer. It keeps the tube screamer vibe but gets really AGGRO about it when the gain/tone are pushed. Still looking for a deal on a KRANK head and cab smile.gif Someday.

Anyone else ever seen or tried one of these pedals? It reminds me a LOT of the Pro Tone Misha Overdrive. Sort of like a two tube screamers stuffed in one box.

Attached Image

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
post Oct 5 2015, 08:30 PM
Post #2

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.292

never seen one but that looks badass. will you be doing a vid with it, todd? it would be cool to hear it.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Oct 5 2015, 11:16 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 18.294

+1

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 6 2015, 02:20 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Will do!! It's a mean mutha for sure. Any more gain and it would be a dist. But it somehow keeps it's overdrive character smile.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 5 2015, 03:30 PM) *
never seen one but that looks badass. will you be doing a vid with it, todd? it would be cool to hear it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mudbone
post Oct 6 2015, 04:54 AM
Post #5

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 10.329

I remember seeing these on Musicians Friend many years ago on clearance. I guess it was around the time Krank was going under. Krank was one of those amp companies that actually had a distinguishable product, but I guess due to poor management and an extremely crowded market, they got pushed out. And weren't they the ones who started the lunchbox amp craze?

I have seen some of their amps at Guitar Center in the used section. The Krank Revolution was going for $399 in good condition. I already have a couple of 100W+ heads that I can't currently play, so I don't really need another one sad.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 6 2015, 08:05 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

KRANK TANKED quite a bit ago. I hear various things from bad management to growing to fast, etc.

They had some really killer gear for a short time. Some of those old Krank cabs are still on my wish list along with some older krank heads. They started to make little amps, way before little amps were cool, then went bust.

Apparently the original guy bought the KRANK name back and is starting from the ground up!
www.krankamps.com

QUOTE (Mudbone @ Oct 5 2015, 11:54 PM) *
I remember seeing these on Musicians Friend many years ago on clearance. I guess it was around the time Krank was going under. Krank was one of those amp companies that actually had a distinguishable product, but I guess due to poor management and an extremely crowded market, they got pushed out. And weren't they the ones who started the lunchbox amp craze?

I have seen some of their amps at Guitar Center in the used section. The Krank Revolution was going for $399 in good condition. I already have a couple of 100W+ heads that I can't currently play, so I don't really need another one sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th January 2017 - 11:51 AM