Phil66
post Dec 26 2015, 01:28 PM
Post #181

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.975

Thanks Mertay,
I'm getting carried away again, I have a severe case of GAS blink.gif
I'll get the recording done pretty soon.
Cheers buddy, happy boxing day smile.gif

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Dec 26 2015, 09:36 PM
Post #182

Oh dear,

I decided to install Windows 10 as it is free at the moment. It's pretty slick BUT, I can't hit any more than -20db in Reaper using the mic mad.gif I've changed nothing else.

Any ideas?

I'll post on Reaper forum too.

Cheers

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Dec 26 2015, 09:51 PM
Post #183

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 18.294

My guess is windows might be adding fx, I don't have win 10 but right click the speaker icon (or whereever the speaker settings are) and check if any fx is enabled or any unusual settings.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Dec 26 2015, 10:10 PM
Post #184

Thanks Mertay,
All I can see that looks odd to me but I've never really had to mess with these controls is this. As you can see, the secondary device is receiving the signal from the mic and the meter is full.

I'll have a dig around.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Dec 27 2015, 10:49 AM
Post #185

Group Icon

I remembered you added some input gain from the gt001i could you check if its resetted?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Dec 27 2015, 12:33 PM
Post #186

Thanks Mertay,
Yeah that is still at +7db. What is strange is that today, the PC isn't receiving any signal. In the picture on my last post the secondary device peak meter was going full green. Now it is nothing, the peak meters in Reaper show nothing but the peak meter in the display in the GT-001 is filling up nicely so for some reason the sound isn't getting from the GT-001 to the PC. The PC is seeing the GT-001 because I can fully control it from the PC. It shows the signal in the tuner.
This is going to be one of those silly little things somewhere mad.gif
Cheers buddy.

Update:

Must be a driver thing because it doesn't send a signal if I use the guitar input. I'll go and check the Boss site. I'm annoyed because all the checks said everything was ok for Win10.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 27 2015, 12:37 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Dec 27 2015, 12:59 PM
Post #187

Well it's got the correct driver as far as I can see.

Still can't get it working sad.gif

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Dec 27 2015, 02:03 PM
Post #188

Group Icon

try an un-install+restart then re-install and restart the computer without opening reaper, gt001 control etc...

Then open reaper and do the settings, if still no sound select the pc's sound driver from reaper asşo menu and then select the gt001 again.

Similar thing happened to a student of mine (on win7) who uses asio4all, somehow when program opens it doesn't activate but can manually activate when selecting asio inside reaper.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Dec 27 2015, 02:20 PM
Post #189

Thanks Mertay,
You mean uninstall and reinstall Reaper or GT-001?
Cheers

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Dec 27 2015, 03:05 PM
Post #190

Group Icon

gt001, but yeah check the boss forums too all I can offer is experimenting ideas smile.gif

edit;

http://www.boss.info/support/by_product/gt..._drivers/350861

* A problem may have occurred if the device is connected but cannot be used after waiting for 10 minutes. Download the detailed information for the driver and refer to "Troubleshooting."

might be related to your problem?

edit 2; also found this on a search,

http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15849.0

This post has been edited by Mertay: Dec 27 2015, 03:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Dec 27 2015, 03:41 PM
Post #191

Yeah thanks Mertay.
I'm all over the web.
As far as I can see from the Boss site you can't actually download the drivers, it says Win10 does it automatically. It says I if you can see the GT-001 icon in the start menu then it should work.
I'm not by the computer at the moment but I've had a thought, I need to check something else hasn't happened and is giving me a red herring. I should be able to get sound from the speakers without the computer being switched on because they are plugged into the GT-001.
I'll check this out and get back later.
Cheers

Update:
I disconnected the GT-001 from the PC usb, I powered via mains and still no sound from the speakers nor if I plug into my amp so this is a unit fault as it is supposed to be used either as an interface or in front of an amp. Factory reset coming up.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 27 2015, 04:15 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Dec 27 2015, 04:30 PM
Post #192

Group Icon

ah seems its more serious, ok one last idea; go to system, device manager, right click the sound stuff and select update driver...maybe a protection program prevented it from downloading the needed program like a virus/firewall program?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Dec 27 2015, 04:54 PM
Post #193

Mertay, it wasn't working even not connected to the PC via USB so it wasn't driver related it was Phil related. So so so so sorry. I was being a numpty. When I installed Win10 I had to get underneath my desk to plug the Logitech wireless receiver into t proper USB port instead of my HUB, it wouldn't work during the setup process in the hub for some reason. I have just found out after a HUGE light bulb moment that I had pressed on the volume pedal and it was stopping the signal leaving the GT-001. It plugs into the back of the GT-001 so doesn't affect the input signal. Yesterday when I was getting a tiny amount of sound I must have had the pedal slightly open; today I went back under the desk to retrieve the Logitech receiver and put it back into the hub, I must have caught the pedal again and fully closed it. I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier because it's caught me out before. I'm going to put an elastic band around it as I only use the expression occasionally.
I feel such a plonker. I didn't know I knew so many swear words as I shouted out mad.gif What makes me feel worse is that it's caught me out before unsure.gif
I still don't understand why the windows sound window with the recording tab in, showed a full meter yesterday but not today.
I'm so sorry for wasting your time Mertay sad.gif

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Dec 27 2015, 05:49 PM
Post #194

Group Icon

I lol.ed so much there are tears in my eyes biggrin.gif

Don't be sorry it actually funny biggrin.gif

I didn't know you had an expression pedal, man I bet you have the most complicated system in this forum including the instructors. Progess a little more and a year or 2 from now Kris should hire you to be the GMC's studio tech. guy biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Dec 27 2015, 07:10 PM
Post #195

Thanks for your understanding Mertay, I feel a fool. rolleyes.gif
Please don't moan but THIS is very tempting smile.gif
Cheers dude

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Dec 27 2015, 07:29 PM
Post #196

Group Icon

hmm...this seems like an in-between product which are getting more popular everyday, to me they are great as used as a pedal but as an amp it won't be satisfying.

Did you know your blackstar and ht5 is derived from a pedal? check out their ht pedal range, great pedals and even have emulated output but the few people I asked didn't recommend me to use it as an amp. Reason is they don't have poweramp section like your ht1 so can't sound big/fulfilling.

Seems this product is something like that. Nice but not for you (the hotbird is really big/full sounding anyway), if you really have gas for an amp I'd say save cash to get something killer like a marshall jvm, dsl series or the high-end models of blackstar etc...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Dec 27 2015, 08:04 PM
Post #197

Yeah I know what you mean. I looked at THESE when I was looking for a low watt amp but they were nearly £700 so I didn't bother, very attractive price now though smile.gif
There aren't really any versatile low watt amps as far as I can see. They don't seem to think tone matters much for bedroom use as they think it's just practice. sad.gif
Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 27 2015, 08:07 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Dec 27 2015, 08:43 PM
Post #198

Group Icon

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 27 2015, 07:04 PM) *
Yeah I know what you mean. I looked at THESE when I was looking for a low watt amp but they were nearly £700 so I didn't bother, very attractive price now though smile.gif
There aren't really any versatile low watt amps as far as I can see. They don't seem to think tone matters much for bedroom use as they think it's just practice. sad.gif
Cheers

Thats a nice small amp but notice the volumes are cranked at the video, and he uses an sm57 just like you so I think you shoudn't limit yourself to 1watt options cause I think you can manage more volume at home. PS, I'm not a fan of many 1 watt amps, the tones feel compressed.

Also although everybody advises to crank the output of any amp for recording, this is never a rule and I think its misleading. The power section works more to get richer tone yes but I've used many amps just fine without pushing full volume.

I mentioned the 60watt (solidstate) peavey I have at home, it requires the volume to be set at minimum "2" do give proper tone which isn't that loud (no in an apartment but easily ok in a house, I live in a house smile.gif ) for late night guitar playing.

Edit; I remember a year ago someone in this forum bought a shur guitar amp but was it the corso model I2m not sure. I do remember it sounding really nice though.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Dec 27 2015, 08:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Dec 27 2015, 10:09 PM
Post #199

I used to have a Peavey Bandit Transtube and on the clean channel I couldn't go above 2 on the volume, it was very loud. Why don't they make low watt amps with a decent set of controls? There are some recordings here from the Vox. I played through the Bright first and played the tune on bridge and then neck then did the same with the Thick channel which bypasses the tone controls. No reverb on this amp which is a shame sad.gif I think the Vox has more potential than the Blackstar smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/vox-bright

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/vox-thick

This looks interesting. 15watt, switchable to 1 watt, reamping facility, fx loop, emulated out. This company is in the heart of the Black Country where I come from smile.gif Home of Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Diamond Head and many more. Iommi uses Laney smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 27 2015, 10:13 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Dec 27 2015, 11:03 PM
Post #200

Group Icon

whats the model of the vox? does it have fx loop?

--------------------

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2017 - 11:32 AM