Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gas. What Next?
Phil66
post Mar 26 2016, 11:29 PM
Post #421

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.975

I'm going to have to order a Radial Twin City, Andertons are only getting two in for stock so to be safe I'll reserve one. smile.gif

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Mar 27 2016, 12:26 AM
Post #422

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 18.294

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 26 2016, 10:29 PM) *
I'm going to have to order a Radial Twin City, Andertons are only getting two in for stock so to be safe I'll reserve one. smile.gif

Its funny they're stocking so few, being such a critical tool for a guitar player. I guess the awareness of a good splitter isn't spreaded out yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
post Mar 27 2016, 01:22 AM
Post #423

Member No.: 17.304

I don't know about countries other than the US but over here, you can score a 'Twin City' for under a $100 (US) anytime.
One of the best splitter's out there. All the Radial gear is great! Super useful 'problem solvers'.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Mar 27 2016, 01:29 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Mar 27 2016, 10:24 AM
Post #424

Wow Ken,

I'm going to have to pay £159 that is $224 at the current exchange rate. sad.gif

I guess it's import duties as well as greed rolleyes.gif

Phil

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Mar 27 2016, 08:19 PM
Post #425

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

I'd love to hear this thing in action if possible smile.gif A quick cell phone vid would do or even during vid chat? I've actually always wanted one of these. I bought a Mandolin a while back and I'm horrible at it but I enjoy the instrument, as I'm from Kentucky where Bluegrass music comes from, it's just in the blood smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Mar 24 2016, 10:19 AM) *
I actually used it once in a collab that Cosmin hosted but it was audio only. It's a 1953 Multi-Kord. Beware , there are some sour notes. tongue.gif

https://soundcloud.com/richatthelake66/sout...metal-collab1-1

[attachment=44315:IMG_3103.JPG]

I haven't caught that show , but I do like the show on the DIY channel called Building Alaska, which is about remote cabin builds. Some folks I know that own Eagle Song Lodge and Family Peony Farm are featured this season. smile.gif
My brother and I made a snowmachine trip out there this winter during Jr. Iditarod. It was a fun ride. smile.gif

There are a few of those Alaska reality shows that are just bogus and do no accurately represent, so don't believe everything you see on them. And one of the shows (I can't remember the name) got in some serious trouble with Fish and Game for illegal hunts.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/alaska_news/...7ae4e2840c.html

There were problems with a family on Alaskan Bush People as well. There are issues with their residency and may have been collecting Permanent Fund Dividend checks fraudulently as well as resident hunting violations. They may not even actually be residents of Alaska.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/...laska/72289704/

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe...0226-story.html

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Mar 28 2016, 03:59 PM
Post #426

Learning Guitar Hero

Member No.: 13.839

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 27 2016, 10:19 AM) *
I'd love to hear this thing in action if possible smile.gif A quick cell phone vid would do or even during vid chat? I've actually always wanted one of these. I bought a Mandolin a while back and I'm horrible at it but I enjoy the instrument, as I'm from Kentucky where Bluegrass music comes from, it's just in the blood smile.gif

Todd

I can do that. I'll dig her out sometime this week. I need to do some spring cleaning anyway. tongue.gif They are pretty fun to play although I don't really use the pedals.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Mar 28 2016, 05:26 PM
Post #427

Learning Guitar Hero

QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 26 2016, 09:07 AM) *
Bought a (blemished) new Jackson js11 smile.gif

The bad;

Tunning pegs are wimpy feeling (but they work...for now smile.gif
nut is a bit high
PU's are a tad too high output but not in a good way (chords in distortion gets scrambled, a tiny decrease on volume pot is needed then ok).
Saddles seem cheap.
Needs some setup

The Good;

Amazingly thin/fast neck, can be perfecly streight too. Thinner then higher Chinese models which is interesting
Open sounding both acoustic and electronically which I like.
No fret edges (maybe they cut then insert now?)
Got the metallic blue color, looks nice
Although the bridge is flat on the guitar feeling not ment to use the trem. bar, its heavy and I don't feel its sucking tone.

Couldn't pass as the price was too good, bought it from the store I usually go to as the owner is a luthier. He even took care of 1-2 high frets and gave it a nice setup (and free new strings) smile.gif

Got a gigbag with it too as I bought it as sort of a travel guitar. Played a bit at home too and noticed its nice to have a guitar quickly I can grab for warming up. My (dear!) ibanez is in a hardcase as I can't keep it unprotected, nice to have a beater so I won't keep reaching it smile.gif

Congrats on the new axe, Mertay!. May it serve you well. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Mar 28 2016, 08:18 PM
Post #428

Group Icon

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Mar 28 2016, 04:26 PM) *
Congrats on the new axe, Mertay!. May it serve you well. smile.gif

Thanks! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Mar 28 2016, 08:52 PM
Post #429

Looking forward to some video of you playing that axe mate smile.gif Congrats.

I've found a Twin City for £135 inc free delivery smile.gif
For those that are wondering about the difference between the Twin City and the Big Shot there are a couple of comments HERE smile.gif

Should be here Wednesday, fingers crossed it will work. The boys at Radial think it will so it should be good. Here was their reply:

"Hello Phil,

Thank you for your interest in Radial.

The ABY you are currently using is quite basic, not buffered and without any transformer isolation or ground lift. What I would recommend is using something which is both buffered and employs isolation to fix your noise issues. If you want to stick with the 2-way split then I would recommend the Twin-City, if you want to have a couple more outputs for future implantation then the new Radial Shotgun should serve you quite well.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Have fun with your music!

Ryan"

Cheers

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Mar 28 2016, 09:59 PM
Post #430

Group Icon

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 28 2016, 07:52 PM) *
Looking forward to some video of you playing that axe mate smile.gif Congrats.

Thanks! will do, tomorrow I'm going to the luthier for final adjustments----------then I'll unleash hell tongue.gif

...and cool, once you get that radial bump your mix help topic which should be fun to hear your experiments smile.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Mar 28 2016, 10:03 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Mar 28 2016, 10:37 PM
Post #431

QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 28 2016, 08:59 PM) *
Thanks! will do, tomorrow I'm going to the luthier for final adjustments----------then I'll unleash hell tongue.gif

...and cool, once you get that radial bump your mix help topic which should be fun to hear your experiments smile.gif

I'll be recording tomorrow with your amp only settings, then we can embellish with the two amp sounds and a gt100 layer too wink.gif
Cheers

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Mar 30 2016, 09:00 PM
Post #432

TWIN CITY SUCCESS smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Mertay, I know you asked me to post to my mix help topic but I didn't want to go off course there as that is quite specific at the moment.

I'm really happy with the Twin City and couldn't recommend it enough smile.gif Now I can use my amp while I learn how to get the best from it and I can switch straight to my GT-001 if I am doing a lesson that requires a lot of effects or a certain sound like in my Satch rec take HERE.

Anyway, I've had a little play and tried to match the drag control so the direct and the Twin City sound are similar. Remember that horrible interferance I was getting with the Art CoolSwitch? Well it was there with this but much quieter, one flick of the LIFT switch and all was gone smile.gif As far as I can measure the output from both channels is pretty much equal. I am well chuffed and now have something not only for now but some some experimenting ideas I have. I may try direct out from the Peavey and SM57 on my Vox Lil Night Train through a Blackstar 4x8. Not just yet though Mertay laugh.gif

What do you think?

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/direct-to-amp

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/twin-city

Cheers folks

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Mar 30 2016, 09:19 PM
Post #433

Group Icon

biggrin.gif

Listened and its great! is it me or is the twin city sounding a tiny bit tighter!?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Mar 30 2016, 09:26 PM
Post #434

Thanks Mertay,
I thought it was a tiny bit brighter too but I struggle to remember the tone I've just heard when comparing. I think tomorrow, I'll record a set piece, one direct and one through Twin City and then pan left and right to listen.

The drag control is pretty good.
"Drag Control is a unique proprietary load correction circuit that we employ inside select Radial, Bones and Tonebone
products to emulate the same input impedance and capacitance of a typical amp. When a guitar is connected directly
to an amplifi er, the two devices interact as part of a closed circuit. When an active buffer is placed in between they can
sometimes sound bright or sterile. Drag Control counters this effect by reintroducing the load as if you were connected
directly to your amp.
"

Cheers

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Mar 31 2016, 09:04 PM
Post #435

Hello folks,

OK I've done two tracks with the direct to amp left and the Twin City right. Unfortunately it was rushed so the timing is out compared to left and right but maybe if you switch from left to right you will hear if they are close or not. I think they're pretty close.

Cheers smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/direct-left-tc-right

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/direct-left-tc-right-12-bar

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Mar 31 2016, 09:12 PM
Post #436

Group Icon

a tiny bit of bass is absent with the twin-city, I get something soundwise similar if using a not activated boss pedal. As I have a humbucker guitar I always prefer that small difference cause it helps tightness specially wehn using a lot of gain.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Mar 31 2016, 09:54 PM
Post #437

Thanks Mertay,

I perceived it as a bit of extra brightness but I trust your ears more wink.gif the way I look at it though is that it's not really detremental and I'll have the Twin City permanently so it will just be like a characteristic of my set up just like having an amp with slightly less bass wink.gif

That one problem solved anyway, I can easily switch to two ways of recording and that is my main thing until I get better and want to record two amps wink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Apr 5 2016, 12:42 AM
Post #438

Learning Guitar Hero

Hey everyone.

I was taking advantage of an empty house today since my better half, Stacie was out getting a manicure and doing some shopping. smile.gif

I had my brand new Orange Rockerverb MK III singing and I was loving every minute of it until I switched to the clean channel and noticed that the reverb had quit working. I checked for loose cables and even tried hooking up the footswitch (the reverb is switchable) to see if I could get it to come back , but no luck.

So back to the music store where I ordered it from the amp went. They will take a look at it first thing in the morning and hopefully it is something simple, but it is a bit concerning that something I paid so much for and waited 3 weeks for is having problems after only about 3 hours total of play time.

Looking at some forums it seems it could be a few things going on for the reverb to quit, such as the tube dedicated to the reverb or a disconnected wire or spring. Either way, this situation sucks. dry.gif

http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54299

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php...problem.707552/

+Quote Post
Rammikin
post Apr 5 2016, 02:02 AM
Post #439

Experienced Rock Star

Member No.: 11.529

A friend of mine had the same thing happen to him a couple of days ago. He brought a new Mesa Mark V home and it was great, for a day. Then the reverb suddenly stopped working. He called Mesa and they asked him to try putting in a new reverb tube as a troubleshooting step, since he had one on hand. That indeed fixed it, and they've now sent him a replacement tube.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Apr 5 2016, 01:44 PM
Post #440

Group Icon

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 4 2016, 11:42 PM) *
Hey everyone.

I was taking advantage of an empty house today since my better half, Stacie was out getting a manicure and doing some shopping. smile.gif

I had my brand new Orange Rockerverb MK III singing and I was loving every minute of it until I switched to the clean channel and noticed that the reverb had quit working. I checked for loose cables and even tried hooking up the footswitch (the reverb is switchable) to see if I could get it to come back , but no luck.

So back to the music store where I ordered it from the amp went. They will take a look at it first thing in the morning and hopefully it is something simple, but it is a bit concerning that something I paid so much for and waited 3 weeks for is having problems after only about 3 hours total of play time.

Looking at some forums it seems it could be a few things going on for the reverb to quit, such as the tube dedicated to the reverb or a disconnected wire or spring. Either way, this situation sucks. dry.gif

http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54299

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php...problem.707552/

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-many-gui...-warrantya.html

--------------------

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2017 - 04:06 PM