> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Guitar Loves Piano, Lesson By Piotr Kaczor
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3
post Nov 3 2015, 06:30 PM
Post #1

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.461

Original lesson: Guitar Loves Piano by Piotr Kaczor

Not the best webcam on earth :-))

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Nov 4 2015, 03:28 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Hi Krakou! Congrats on your great job!

Your take on this lesson is very good. There are not timing or pitch issues which are the problems that I frequently find on this lesson's takes. The only two details that I would tweak are your vibrato and your tone. Your vibrato is not bad but I notice that sometimes it could be even more consistent. In many cases you don't use the other fingers (the ones that are not pressing the fret) to help with vibrato the one that is playing the note.

About your tone, I can't be precise about the exact settings your should try, but I would experiment with EQ to get a warmer tone for this solo. Tone is also related to taste but I think that a warmer tone will fit better with the style and backing.

Keep on rocking.

My lessons

Don't miss my New Guitar Session at VCHAT,
this Wednesday at 20 hs (London Time).

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Nov 5 2015, 09:53 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

Hi man. This is a good effort on this lesson. Piotr's lessons demand a lot of control from a player and you do quite a good job here.

The main issue for me is during the quick bends at 0:13, 0:22. You have to bend very slightly and quickly but return back to pitch before moving to another note. This is hard to do so I recommend you isolate those two licks and practise them whilst performing the bend pitch perfect. Eventually the finger movements will become more natural and you'll be able to put it together and increase the tempo.

Apart from that I'm impressed. You've got a nice, natural tone and a soft touch.

That bend / release at 0:41 is perfect. A beautiful example of how to release a bend and keep the tone and pitch right. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Nov 7 2015, 03:15 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 17.069

Hey there! I couldn't spot more than Gab have -vibrato and tone are the case here. I would like to split the "tone thing" to different matters - 1st your "tone from the hand" has nothing to complain about. It's efficient with great, smooth touch and dynamics. At this field I see nothing to fix. Now...you tone "from the amp" need some tweaks. If you would like to get some detailed feedbakc please find me at "hone your tone 2" thread. For now I will spot only one thing - I do like when guitar sounds"wide" with a lot of air/breath or however you call it (in fact just a high frequencies). Unfortunately you tone has too much of something that sounds like natural top bost from dynamics microphone. I woud highly suggest to make one of two possible tweaks:
1. Add LPF (Low Pass Filter) on your guitar track and set cutting point somewhere around 5-6 kHz
2. Add paramteric eq. Set the cutting point to 5 kHz and make a wide cut (so you'll see it takes away some of 4kHz as well as 6 kHz around at the value of -3 to -6 dB.

First option will take away nasty treble but at some point can take away too much of air as well
Second option will only cut nasty frequencies added by the microphone and will keep your tone bright and "breathy"

LEt me know if you want to work on this smile.gif

+Quote Post
post Nov 9 2015, 07:28 PM
Post #5

Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.338

Pass: 7.7

Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2016 - 03:47 PM