Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.167

Moving to the Gear Forum ... Andrew

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Jul 23 2007, 11:03 PM
Post #3

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.345

That is extremely cheap for the JEM. So lets see. If he isnt lieing then you got yourself a hella good deal. Now if he is and there is some problems with it. Take it in and get it all fixed.

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Jul 23 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #4

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ryan @ Jul 23 2007, 06:03 PM) *
That is extremely cheap for the JEM. So lets see. If he isnt lieing then you got yourself a hella good deal. Now if he is and there is some problems with it. Take it in and get it all fixed.

Looks legit, but the price for eBay items always shoots up in the last minute or so, as people snipe.

I would guess it would go for close to $2000 in the end.

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Jul 23 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 23 2007, 05:05 PM) *
Looks legit, but the price for eBay items always shoots up in the last minute or so, as people snipe.

Still cheap though, for a JEM right?

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
post Jul 23 2007, 11:09 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1.189

QUOTE (Ryan @ Jul 23 2007, 05:03 PM) *

three days to go, that current price means nothing.

ryan, good luthiers are in demand (you generally wait, been waiting now 8 months for my Martin), and they are not cheap.

Also, this guy is basically someone with nothing to lose (8 trades, only been on ebay this year), who likes to play video games. he might be a straight shooter, but i would pass on this, a person needs to establish themselves before I will make such a purchase on ebay. this might be a surprise to some, but bad guys are liars, and often good liars. that is why you need reputation to have any confidence in an ebay deal.

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Jul 23 2007, 11:11 PM
Post #7

Yeah thats true. I have never purchansed nothing from Ebay. Im to scared to get screwed over!! Since you get what you paid for. If you get scammed. Theres no going back!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
AIB234
post Jul 23 2007, 11:11 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1.303

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 23 2007, 05:05 PM) *

The reason for this is because eBay is tricky.

Let's say item X is going for $10.

Bidder A is a newbie and bids $10.50

Bidder B is experienced and is willing to pay a MAX of $50, so he bids $50. But because the minimum bid required over Bidder A is only $11, that is what is displayed as the current bid. So, until someone goes over $50, Bidder B will be the highest bidder.

That being said, just because an item is only listed at $11 doesn't mean someone hasn't bid $50, it just means no one else has outbid that max price.

That's why when you bid on eBay you should always bid the highest price you are willing to pay. You don't always have to pay it if no one bids close to it, but it's a fail safe in case you forget to check a bid or if someone outbids you by like 50 cents, you'll still have the up on them.

I hope this makes sense, haha!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Jul 23 2007, 11:14 PM
Post #9

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (AIB234 @ Jul 23 2007, 06:11 PM) *
The reason for this is because eBay is tricky.

Let's say item X is going for $10.

Bidder A is a newbie and bids $10.50

Bidder B is experienced and is willing to pay a MAX of $50, so he bids $50. But because the minimum bid required over Bidder A is only $11, that is what is displayed as the current bid. So, until someone goes over $50, Bidder B will be the highest bidder.

That being said, just because an item is only listed at $11 doesn't mean someone hasn't bid $50, it just means no one else has outbid that max price.

That's why when you bid on eBay you should always bid the highest price you are willing to pay. You don't always have to pay it if no one bids close to it, but it's a fail safe in case you forget to check a bid or if someone outbids you by like 50 cents, you'll still have the up on them.

I hope this makes sense, haha!

Good advice, plus bid in the last 10 seconds of the auction so noone has a chance to see that you outbid them and then make a counter ...

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2017 - 07:26 AM