New Amp Suggestions
kataklysmfan
Jul 24 2007, 11:10 PM
GMC:er
im looking for suggestions for a new amp,and im on a budget of 300$
i was thinking i want an amp that can simulate the death/black metal sound really well(daath or behemoth)
any suggestions?
plus is the electro harmonix pedals any good?im getting the nano pocet metal muff here soon and just wondering if that was a good pedal too get.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 25 2007, 12:20 AM
QUOTE (kataklysmfan @ Jul 24 2007, 02:10 PM) *
im looking for suggestions for a new amp,and im on a budget of 300$
i was thinking i want an amp that can simulate the death/black metal sound really well(daath or behemoth)
any suggestions?
plus is the electro harmonix pedals any good?im getting the nano pocet metal muff here soon and just wondering if that was a good pedal too get.

Hi there and welcome ! smile.gif

Um amp wise you might want to go with a line 6 modeling amp. The distortion on those amps are really good..
Id personally go for the line 6 spider III 75. As seen here
The only problem I have with those amps is the clean channel isnt very good. But if your playing black-ultra-insano-guitar screaming-metal, that should be the least of your worries smile.gif.

And as for the metal muff, I think there a decent piece of equipment, youll have to decide for yourself smile.gif

Hope that helped !- John

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jul 25 2007, 12:45 AM
i have the marshall mg30dfx it has a pretty good overdrive and the effects chorus,delay,flange, and reverb.
it costs 230$. i think they have the same thing but without the effects marshall mg30d

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 25 2007, 01:04 AM
Learning Tone Master
The Amp is not your problem to get the death metal sound. Choose an amp from a trusted brand (marshall, Hughes&Kettner) and get yourself a digitech death metal pedal or thr boss ml-2 metalcore pedal. Both pedals will crank your amp with sick ass distortion.

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Jul 25 2007, 05:24 AM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jul 24 2007, 08:04 PM) *
The Amp is not your problem to get the death metal sound. Choose an amp from a trusted brand (marshall, Hughes&Kettner) and get yourself a digitech death metal pedal or thr boss ml-2 metalcore pedal. Both pedals will crank your amp with sick ass distortion.

I agree. Get a good amp and use pedals. Also, if your going to be playing a lot of lead go ahead and get the solid state amp but if you play a lot of rhythm i suggest trying to get something tube driven that doesn't turn to mud when overdriven.

Hardtail

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:00 AM