> New Amp Help
gharris
post Jul 26 2007, 02:18 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.153

Hi all,
im looking to get a new practice amp, i already have a "fender princeton 112 plus",
i dont really need a new one but i want one in anyway, you know how it is smile.gif

i have a budget of about 280 euro and i will more than likely be ordering from www.thomann.de
i already have all the effects i will ever need and i have a boss me-50 pedal board, so built in effects are not needed and since its only a practice amp it doesnt need to be able to deafen the neighbors.
i play all types of music but i really enjoy classic rock .

what do you think of the amps with amp modeling built in ?
any recommendations from that site would be really helpful .
thanks smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hardtail
post Jul 26 2007, 03:42 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1.967

Since you already have a Solid State amp and the effects you want I recommend a small 5w to 15w tube combo. Maybe even with a 10" speaker. I can't read the website your going to buy from or I'd recommend a specific amp. wink.gif

Hardtail

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post
Nick325
post Jul 26 2007, 03:47 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2.387

i have a marshall mg30dfx and its costs 230 AD. it a good practice amp and has a clean, distorted, and effects channel. the effects are delay, chrous, flange, and reverb

+Quote Post
gharris
post Jul 26 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Hardtail @ Jul 26 2007, 03:42 AM) *
Since you already have a Solid State amp and the effects you want I recommend a small 5w to 15w tube combo. Maybe even with a 10" speaker. I can't read the website your going to buy from or I'd recommend a specific amp. wink.gif

Hardtail

It never even crossed my mind to get a small tube amp rather than a big solid state,
i had a look on the site and found a "FENDER CHAMPION 600" for less than 200 euro.
its about 5 watts. What do you think ?
or should i just get a good solid state amp ?

+Quote Post
MickeM
post Jul 26 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #5

Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader

Member No.: 1.062

some namedropping

For a solid state maybe
Edition Blue
There are more 15 and 60W with digital effects (DFX) or without.
I havn't played one, you'd be the first, but I'm trying to broaden your views a bit for a teriffic brand of amps wink.gif

I was going to mainly suggest a Laney 15R (<-click!) tube amp but I see thomann don't have it.

THIS may suck or may be fair. Who knows? Head and cab for nothing. Made in China for the german/european market. Has a 4x8" cabinet. I don't know anything about it but just saw it while browsing.
Compleye set of Combo amps and heads

I mean, for 280 Euro you'd never get best of breed anyway. Except for the Laney above biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
gharris
post Jul 26 2007, 11:55 AM
Post #6

I get the feeling i should save up a bit more and get a nice tube amp for practice wink.gif
How much does a decent tube amp cost ?
i could get this in about 3 more weeks http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_blues_junior.htm
its a FENDER BLUES JUNIOR, 15 watt, all tube amp.

+Quote Post
Big D
post Sep 22 2007, 08:13 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 2.476

I am always of the opinion that tube amps are the way to go. i don't think anything sounds better than a tube amp and a couple of pedals. I think it lends to the richest sound. I have a Crate Vintage Club 50. It is beautiful, but a 3-10' amp. However, they make a VC 30,with 1-10' that sounds great an inexpensive.
Good luck,
Donovan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2017 - 08:04 PM