> The Nightwitch Broom Collab, Students and Instructors collaboration
Procyon
post Mar 13 2016, 02:02 PM
Post #61

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.372

QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Mar 12 2016, 05:50 PM) *
Procyon. Those are some great ideas. I like the on the edge quality, dynamics, and melodic content.

QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 12 2016, 12:02 AM) *
Damn dude! I wish that was my take! ohmy.gif

Thank you, guys!
@bleez: That's exactly what I think while listening to your takes... biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GeneT95
post Mar 13 2016, 06:55 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 4.701

Ah. My first video. Now something else to distract me while I'm trying not to make too many mistakes. I think I got it mostly married up, vid to recording, but probably need some practice.

This post has been edited by GeneT95: Mar 13 2016, 07:04 PM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Mar 14 2016, 11:34 AM
Post #63

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 17.069

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Mar 10 2016, 04:52 PM) *
I'm going to record some Acoustic too!
Hopefully over the weekend.
biggrin.gif

Haven't thought of this but I think it can add some extra dimmension to the final mix smile.gif You consider acoustic solo or some additional backing guitars? smile.gif

QUOTE (Procyon @ Mar 11 2016, 10:51 PM) *
This is my idea so far - I am still working on it... so please ignore the mistakes rolleyes.gif
Gotta take a break now, my fingers hurt dry.gif
Is it too crowded?

No way! Not too crowded for sure smile.gif I think we could find many people who would love to have only as much "mistakes" as you have in your take, considering level of things being played there wink.gif Of course it would be great if you could make it even better but if somehow you'll not be able to manage some time, the take you'vce provided is already a good take! smile.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Mar 13 2016, 02:01 AM) *
Well, here is what I came up with. Thanks darius for the awesome BT. cool.gif

You never fail Joe! Great ideas as usual wink.gif Havne't seen this blue beauty in your hands before - is it a new purchase? smile.gif

QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Mar 13 2016, 06:55 PM) *
Ah. My first video. Now something else to distract me while I'm trying not to make too many mistakes. I think I got it mostly married up, vid to recording, but probably need some practice.

We'll Gene...you improve your playign with each take. I cna notice clear progress in timming and intonation. To be honest I've got friendly with your theme concept so much that I would probably feel disappointed if you would remove it tongue.gif Great job!

--------------------

+Quote Post
GeneT95
post Mar 14 2016, 03:11 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 4.701

Thanks Darius. It has been good practice to continue to work on the collab. I can hear a big difference in the first take from the last. I'll probably try/work on some alternate stuff within it to continue to practice and learn. And perhaps more outside the theme/motif I landed on or maybe some smaller sections with different ideas. I seem to play/practice more and learn more outside the guitar stuff (ableton, arranging etc) when working on a Collab or Gab's Creativity thread.

And I want to work on tabbing what I do and video stuff in addition.

+Quote Post
DeGroot
post Mar 14 2016, 10:44 PM
Post #65

Experienced Guitar Hero

Member No.: 14.899

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 14 2016, 10:34 AM) *
You never fail Joe! Great ideas as usual wink.gif Havne't seen this blue beauty in your hands before - is it a new purchase? smile.gif

Thanks Darius! Its my newest guitar. I've had it around for a while but its the first time I've used it in a video. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
post Mar 15 2016, 03:48 PM
Post #66

Experienced Rock Star

Member No.: 16.806

This is my first version..

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Nightwitch_Backing_Track1.mp3 ( 1.59MB ) Number of downloads: 30

+Quote Post
Procyon
post Mar 15 2016, 05:49 PM
Post #67

Member No.: 2.372

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 14 2016, 11:34 AM) *
No way! Not too crowded for sure smile.gif I think we could find many people who would love to have only as much "mistakes" as you have in your take, considering level of things being played there wink.gif Of course it would be great if you could make it even better but if somehow you'll not be able to manage some time, the take you'vce provided is already a good take! smile.gif

Thank you very much, Darius! Of course I will try to polish things up - hopefully I will find the time to do it and record a video, too.

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Mar 15 2016, 03:48 PM) *

Mega guet!
Really cool - I love it!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Mar 16 2016, 04:17 PM
Post #68

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Mar 14 2016, 03:11 PM) *
Thanks Darius. It has been good practice to continue to work on the collab. I can hear a big difference in the first take from the last. I'll probably try/work on some alternate stuff within it to continue to practice and learn. And perhaps more outside the theme/motif I landed on or maybe some smaller sections with different ideas. I seem to play/practice more and learn more outside the guitar stuff (ableton, arranging etc) when working on a Collab or Gab's Creativity thread.

And I want to work on tabbing what I do and video stuff in addition.

Sure! There are many things/skills around the playign itself, that are usefull and we need to spend some time to learn them too smile.gif Making arrangments also developes our skills...especially ability to decide what in our playing works for the mix or what doesn't smile.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Mar 14 2016, 10:44 PM) *
Thanks Darius! Its my newest guitar. I've had it around for a while but its the first time I've used it in a video. smile.gif

It doesn't count until you don't share it with us biggrin.gif Now we can accept it as your new guitar \m/

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Mar 15 2016, 03:48 PM) *

A lot of cool things going on there and most important...clearly visible, norther mood I've mentioned before smile.gif I would only have one request for the final mix - please send me your guitar only track without delay. Of course I will add you similar delay but I might need to do some eq-ingo only on delay track to keep the sapace but don't let the delay blurry the solo smile.gif You know what I mean? At this moment it's just a little "mess making" with the backing. There is a way you could still have that delay ambient but it would not dominate over the track that much smile.gif

QUOTE (Procyon @ Mar 15 2016, 05:49 PM) *
Thank you very much, Darius! Of course I will try to polish things up - hopefully I will find the time to do it and record a video, too.

Mega guet!
Really cool - I love it!

Great then! smile.gif As I said - this take is already cool enough so if you would have to choose due to a time limit...please add the video smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris S.
post Mar 16 2016, 05:02 PM
Post #69

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 12.988

A little late to the party but I am in! smile.gif

I came up with a basic concept, and now I will spend some time cleaning up the fast parts so you should have an update by the end of the week cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Mar 17 2016, 07:36 PM
Post #70

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

I"ve always wanted a 550 smile.gif And an RG 565, Still looking for one of each. Been looking for years. Everytime I find one in good shape it's just crazy pricey it seems for a 20 year old guitar. I still want a red version of that retro rg you have! Been looking for that one as well smile.gif The used prices seem so close to the new that I'm gonna have to wait. Patience is the key smile.gif

I"m with you on the Wizard necks. They will spoil you quick! I can appreciate other neck styles but I always come back to the wizard smile.gif The LTD lynch guitar has a thicker neck than I'm used to but it's less wide also so it's a different beast. But the guitar is still wads of fun to play wink.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Mar 12 2016, 10:33 PM) *
Thanks Todd smile.gif Yes, it's the retro RG 535. I just love anything Wizard I neck. So fun to play. I had a "dirty" neck RG 550 years ago. The Rg XXV is Indonesian made but they knocked it out of the park and the Dimarzzio pickups are wonderful. Don't hesitate to grab one man, they are amazing.. way better than the original RG 550 that I had.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
post Mar 18 2016, 02:03 AM
Post #71

Experienced Guitar Hero

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 17 2016, 06:36 PM) *
I"ve always wanted a 550 smile.gif And an RG 565, Still looking for one of each. Been looking for years. Everytime I find one in good shape it's just crazy pricey it seems for a 20 year old guitar. I still want a red version of that retro rg you have! Been looking for that one as well smile.gif The used prices seem so close to the new that I'm gonna have to wait. Patience is the key smile.gif

I"m with you on the Wizard necks. They will spoil you quick! I can appreciate other neck styles but I always come back to the wizard smile.gif The LTD lynch guitar has a thicker neck than I'm used to but it's less wide also so it's a different beast. But the guitar is still wads of fun to play wink.gif

The retro rg565 red one looks great. cool.gif If I had deep pockets I'd probably have on of each smile.gif I haven't seen as many listed lately. They do seem to be priced a bit steep sometimes. Every once in a while there is a bidding war for one and goes for a fair price.

The Lynch model looks like a fun guitar. From the LTDs I've tried have a thicker neck than most Ibbys but still play pretty slick. Didn't even know about the push/pull knob you mentioned in the other post. Look forward to hearing it in action. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
post Mar 18 2016, 02:28 AM
Post #72

Experienced Guitar Hero

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 16 2016, 03:17 PM) *
It doesn't count until you don't share it with us biggrin.gif Now we can accept it as your new guitar \m/

Ah, That's what i thought too. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris S.
post Mar 18 2016, 06:56 PM
Post #73

Hey guys!

I was wondering what you think of my first take?

EDIT:

Thought a video would be better:

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Mar 18 2016, 08:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
post Mar 21 2016, 06:08 PM
Post #74

Experienced Rock Star

Member No.: 16.806

New Version without Delay for Darius...

This post has been edited by Beat Zbinden: Mar 21 2016, 06:11 PM

+Quote Post
Chris S.
post Mar 21 2016, 06:14 PM
Post #75

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Mar 21 2016, 05:08 PM) *

Sick! Love it, man smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Mar 22 2016, 01:33 PM
Post #76

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Chris S. @ Mar 18 2016, 06:56 PM) *
Hey guys!

I was wondering what you think of my first take?

EDIT:

Thought a video would be better:

Hey Chris! I think the the very first part (around 1/3) of the video would be very very cool for the collab. I like your mean, goold old rock vibe. I would keep the idea but I would try to focus on the mentioned part and practise it to get best precision for the final take. Bends nee soem attention the get perfect pitch and some of your faster runs tend to loose the notes. I'm sure you are able to fix this and that's what I would took for a purpose of upcoming days smile.gif

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Mar 21 2016, 06:08 PM) *

Great one Beat! I really liek the dialogue between those two different guitars smile.gif I fact I was thinking of adding you the delay back in the mix ( I only wanted you to remove it from your files so I could match all parameters to best fit with the track) but when I listen to it now I feel like it sounds very descent even without the delay smile.gif I will leave it up to you (just tell me if you wan it or not) but of course please at the final stage send ma a file with no fx smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Mar 24 2016, 09:13 PM
Post #77

Instructor
Group Icon

Sooo....who's going to join us aside from guys that already posted their ideas ?smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Mar 24 2016, 10:15 PM
Post #78

Member No.: 19.975

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 24 2016, 08:13 PM) *
Sooo....who's going to join us aside from guys that already posted their ideas ?smile.gif

Man I've just watched all of the videos, it's way out of my league, those guys have done a splendid job. smile.gif

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Mar 25 2016, 11:13 AM
Post #79

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Here is a rough mix with my vocals. Needless to say - singing in this style and key is a major challenge for me! ph34r.gif Cael and Fzalfa should be happy now tongue.gif

Attached File  8_Darius_nightwitch_collab_VOX_mix.mp3 ( 2.26MB ) Number of downloads: 42

Lyrics:

I hear you calling my name again
I hear the same kind of tale, of man

When they say that a nomad’s got no life
I cannot breathe, cannot believe

When they say I’m bound to strip my pride
I cannot breathe, cannot believe

I don’t know where I’m heading with my life
I cannot breathe, could not believe

Now I am safe from the madness and the lies
I could not breathe, could not believe

But now - now I do believe

I won't be able to record a video next week.. But we could prolong the deadline since the collab takes a bit of a new direction with vocals.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Mar 25 2016, 06:11 PM
Post #80

Instructor
Group Icon

Hell yeah! \m/ I see no problems extending the deadline wink.gif

Phill - no way man! Collabs purpose is to collect students at different levels and have fun doing something together! The worst thing you can do to your playing is to quit sucha an opportunitries! Take te challenge., You don't have to beat anyone - it's not a competition smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th March 2017 - 11:58 PM