Brian Wampler Demoing Different Amps Through The Same Cab.
Mertay
Apr 14 2016, 05:02 PM
GMC:er

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 14 2016, 06:06 PM
Very interesting. Good pull per usual!

Todd

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 14 2016, 11:02 AM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 15 2016, 04:13 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Kind of confused. Did he think they sounded they all sounded the same? They all sounded different to me.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 15 2016, 04:24 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 15 2016, 03:13 PM) *
Kind of confused. Did he think they sounded they all sounded the same? They all sounded different to me.

Sure there are differences as he some-what pointed out but the similaritys (to me) are stronger than the differences. Whats not pointed out was they were all working on the clean channel with the volume all the way up, so we hear more of the drive from the power section rather than the preamp.

Aside vintage amps (which are all about power section when comes to tone), this is what we actually pay for to get a good sound. Otherwise preamps doesn't sound extremely richer than a good quality (tube) pedal. This is also pedal builders started to focus nowadays, as many sounds are done to the death but no one is famous for replicating this drive sound in a pedal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Apr 15 2016, 04:52 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 15 2016, 03:13 PM) *

I think he was confused. He started out with the idea of demonstrating how important the cabinet is to the sound. So, yes, it was supposed to show how they all sound the same. But he lost track of that and started rambling on about the differences in the amps, and then got even farther off track and started using clean tones and different settings. Then, with 15 seconds left in the video he finally remembered what the video was supposed to be about smile.gif.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 15 2016, 05:08 PM
Seeing the way he approaches amp tone (and getting an amp tone) pretty much tells me why I don't really dig any of his pedals that much. I've tried several. I kinda like and use the 'Euphoria' but only on it's lower gain settings.

Everything on 10 thru a closed back cab is not how one normally uses an amp, especially any type of Fender.
He's figured out how to make them all sound generic. Slightly different but none of the 'classic' or 'signature' tone is coming from any of those amps. *A DR re-issue is nothing like a real blackface and either are the newer Voxs, but that's another thread.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:35 AM