Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best Game Of Thrones Ending Ever!
Spock
post Jun 20 2016, 10:30 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.265

FINALLY!!! R.R. Martin makes the fans of the series happy. I didn't want to have to call another Fatwa on his ass.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
post Jun 23 2016, 06:58 AM
Post #2

Experienced Tone Seeker

Member No.: 14.292

finally got around to watching it last night. It was a good episode. Jon Snow going all Ragnar Lothbrbok / King Horik on Ransey cool.gif
also, any episode with Daenerys flying about on a dragon is always cool smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
DeGroot
post Jun 23 2016, 01:01 PM
Post #3

Experienced Guitar Hero

Member No.: 14.899

That episode and battle was seriously intense! By far Best episode of the season.... Too bad only one episode left. Not sure where it is headed without Martin writing anymore.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
post Jun 23 2016, 01:53 PM
Post #4

A lot of good theories out there...

I've subscribed to this theory since book 1 myself (the only book of the series I read) but this video really does a great job of breaking it down...

And then there's this interesting bit of speculation.

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Jun 23 2016, 03:07 PM
Post #5

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 5.298

I've only ever seen the first episode of GoT. Seemed to be a bit too many characters to keep track of for my liking, at least when I tried watching it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
post Jun 23 2016, 05:07 PM
Post #6

Experienced Tone Seeker

Member No.: 14.292

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 23 2016, 03:07 PM) *
I've only ever seen the first episode of GoT. Seemed to be a bit too many characters to keep track of for my liking, at least when I tried watching it.

TBH I struggled to get through most of the first season. Just about every scene in kings landing bored me to death cool.gif Im glad I persevered though, it gets a lot better smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jun 30 2016, 02:55 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

There are as many GOT theories as conspiracy theories it seems smile.gif Youtube is just packed with them. Some of them really take things to the Nut Farm. But most are still wads of fun smile.gif Here is a classic suggesting that the short sword teacher of Aria stark is actually the faceless man. smile.gif People must have wads of spare time on their hands.

QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 23 2016, 08:53 AM) *
A lot of good theories out there...

I've subscribed to this theory since book 1 myself (the only book of the series I read) but this video really does a great job of breaking it down...

And then there's this interesting bit of speculation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
post Jun 30 2016, 03:13 PM
Post #8

Some of these theories could actually give Martin a framework to brainstorm around.

Check this out - R.R. Martin to Pull a "Willy Wonka"

GEORGE R.R. MARTIN WILL “KEEP WRITING” WINDS OF WINTER

If you think you have the stomach to kill all of your darlings while writing in the voice of George R.R. Martin, he might hire you! Apparently, Martin is “losing steam.” Winds of Winter is nowhere near completed, and he’s frankly a little tired of being heaped with the hopes and dreams and crushing feels of the entire GoT fandom.

It’s not that he doesn’t love us, he just wants some time to himself.

Above Average released a satirical open letter from Martin back in February of this year. We’ve had ample time to process a possible fate without the creator of Westeros and what that could mean for our favourite characters.

“I plan to pull a Wonka and find a young, eager nerd to finish Game of Thrones once and for all.”

Now, Willy Wonka is a pretty iconic piece of literature, and as grown into a pretty impressive franchise. Heck, candy stores across the world have put in sections of the beloved gold and purple color scheme generally attributed to the famous chocolate factory.

Like Wonka, Martin is turning his ghostwriting position into a lottery.

“There are 5 parchment tickets hidden in volumes of A Song of Fire and Ice. The lucky 5 to find these tickets will be asked to submit writing samples to my editor who, in consultation with myself and HBO, will choose my successor.”

And that right there is where they lose us. If we didn’t know this letter was a complete work of fiction, we’d have to grab a Costco sized tissue supply. Not only is it highly unlikely Martin would ever take on a ghostwriter, considering his strong stance against fanfiction, it goes directly against his own LiveJournal post.

Martin starts his latest post by apologising for the hold up with Winds of Winter. He then tells us to cool our heels.

“I am going back to my stance from last March, before all this. It will be done when it’s done. And it will be as good as I can possibly make it.”

“Meanwhile, I’ll keep writing. Chapter at a time. Page at a time. Word at a time. That’s all I know how to do.”

Even though no one can possibly replace our great creator of Westeros, some fans are calling for him to “James Patterson that shit and get some help.”

Do we begrudge Martin for the wait we have had to endure for Winds of Winter? Maybe. But do we want him to pawn the series off on some pen-happy nerd, as the satirical open letter suggests, at the expense of Westeros’ content and quality? Absolutely not!

Perhaps it’s time for Martin to elect a Small Council to help him manage some of his smaller plotlines, but he’s got it mostly under control.

So stop counting down to release day and grab a new book. We’re going to be here for a while – but it will be worth it!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jul 2 2016, 01:57 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

In the post you shared it says that the letter in questions is entirely a work of fiction. E.G. it's not for real. Here is the section I'm in reference to...

"If we didn’t know this letter was a complete work of fiction, we’d have to grab a Costco sized tissue supply. Not only is it highly unlikely Martin would ever take on a ghostwriter, considering his strong stance against fanfiction, it goes directly against his own LiveJournal post."

He isn't really going to let fans ghost write. At least that's what it says in the shared post. So he's not actually going to pull a wonka out of his hat smile.gif Were you posting to be satirical?

Just for setting things straight for fans, George does seem intent on doing his own writing smile.gif At least for now. If he does happen to slough off the mortal coil (pass away) before he completes his final works, who knows what will happen then.

QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 30 2016, 10:13 AM) *
Some of these theories could actually give Martin a framework to brainstorm around.

Check this out - R.R. Martin to Pull a "Willy Wonka"

GEORGE R.R. MARTIN WILL “KEEP WRITING” WINDS OF WINTER

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
post Jul 2 2016, 03:51 AM
Post #10

Indeed - it's just another speculation - not from the article cause it says it a fake, but I took the article to mean that it was going around as something he actually said.

I have a friend at work that just finished season 4 and I get a kick out of his theories. I told him that the 3 eyed raven has something to do with Hodor's condition.

That's driving him nuts.

This post has been edited by Spock: Jul 2 2016, 03:52 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jul 2 2016, 04:34 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

From my reading of the article, it seems he said something in a satirical tone that lead to all of this rampant speculation. One slip of sarcasm is all it takes apparently smile.gif

As for the GOT theories, as they say, "Everybody needs a hobby!" smile.gif

It does appear that John Snow is Targaryen by blood (Per the last episode reveal) as well as Stark by blood. So he isn't really a "Bastard", he's a Targaryen smile.gif And as the last living male of the clan, he has a "Blood Right" to the throne. Once Bran brings this news to his brother and sister, things might be very interesting indeed smile.gif As he is related by blood to the Mother of Dragons, and by blood to the Starks of the North. That was my fav bit from the last ep smile.gif

Next two seaons will be half seasons, due to budget apparently. But expect big dragon battles, finally smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Spock @ Jul 1 2016, 10:51 PM) *
Indeed - it's just another speculation - not from the article cause it says it a fake, but I took the article to mean that it was going around as something he actually said.

I have a friend at work that just finished season 4 and I get a kick out of his theories. I told him that the 3 eyed raven has something to do with Hodor's condition.

That's driving him nuts.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 2 2016, 04:39 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
post Jul 2 2016, 11:01 AM
Post #12

Exactly - but will it be Bran to break the news to him or will he find out on his own? There is a (possible)clue in the Winterfell catacombs. If I remember correctly John stumbled upon but it was blocked by debris.

How will Dany take to this? I would think she would be thrilled. Because she and John both have the same sense of compassion for the downtrodden and sense of honor and duty.

My belief is that Jon will find out pretty early in the next season about his lineage, and as well hook up with Dany pretty quickly - I think the show is going to move quickly only having 2 short seasons left. Yet utilizing the same budget which means much grander episodes - I believe they will all be a little longer too - like the full 60 minutes.

So I'm thinking next season will settle who sits on the throne and season 8 will be all about the battle against the white walkers, who most people living in that time believe is just an ancient Myth.

I actually started watching the series over again - Part 1 / Episode 1. I watch 1 episode a morning while on the treadmill. If you go back it is amazing how much that easily slipped by had a lot of meaning. 1 being that Benjon Stark knows about John's lineage. For instance - Benjon was already a members of the Kinight's Watch when John told him he was going to join. Benjin told him - are you sure as you will never marry, never have children. John replied, "I don't care about any of that" and Benjin said, but you probably would if you only knew, and left it at that. Benjin fought beside Ned during the rebellion so it would make sense that he held the secret as well.

Concerning if John is actually a Targaryn, in Bran's vision Ned's group had to kill 2 Knight's who were supposed to be great fighters - and they both wore the Targaryn sigil on the front of their armor. So they were there to protect the heir to the throne - which was baby John.

Concerning that Arya Stark video - I had not heard that one - very interesting indeed. Did you notice when Arya killed that faceless bitch that he smiled when Arya denounced being "no one" and said I am Arya Stark of Winterfell and walked. He had the distinct look of pleasure.

This post has been edited by Spock: Jul 2 2016, 10:51 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jul 3 2016, 07:12 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Seems like John has to be Targy based on the scene we are talking about. Can't wait to see how it plays out! Either way it looks like the Lanister folks are on the way out. Everybody and their half brother is coming to kick buns in westeros. Dragons, Targys, unsullied, etc. And to boot, we have the army of the Dead on the march as well bringing winter with them.

I think BRAN will have a HUGE roll to play if he can figure out how to WARG the ice king and the dead army folks smile.gif He could really do some damage.

Looks like John has the loyalty of whatever is left of the northerners for sure and they are none to happy about the Southerners in general. So big battles are on deck and I can't wait smile.gif

We only get two shortened seasons so each one will have to be pretty darn amazing as it looks like they are doubling the budget and cutting the production schedule in half. So each show could cost 10 million! That's what some indie films cost. Should be very cool wink.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Spock @ Jul 2 2016, 06:01 AM) *
Exactly - but will it be Bran to break the news to him or will he find out on his own? There is a (possible)clue in the Winterfell catacombs. If I remember correctly John stumbled upon but it was blocked by debris.

How will Dany take to this? I would think she would be thrilled. Because she and John both have the same sense of compassion for the downtrodden and sense of honor and duty.

My belief is that Jon will find out pretty early in the next season about his lineage, and as well hook up with Dany pretty quickly - I think the show is going to move quickly only having 2 short seasons left. Yet utilizing the same budget which means much grander episodes - I believe they will all be a little longer too - like the full 60 minutes.

So I'm thinking next season will settle who sits on the throne and season 8 will be all about the battle against the white walkers, who most people living in that time believe is just an ancient Myth.

I actually started watching the series over again - Part 1 / Episode 1. I watch 1 episode a morning while on the treadmill. If you go back it is amazing how much that easily slipped by had a lot of meaning. 1 being that Benjon Stark knows about John's lineage. For instance - Benjon was already a members of the Kinight's Watch when John told him he was going to join. Benjin told him - are you sure as you will never marry, never have children. John replied, "I don't care about any of that" and Benjin said, but you probably would if you only knew, and left it at that. Benjin fought beside Ned during the rebellion so it would make sense that he held the secret as well.

Concerning if John is actually a Targaryn, in Bran's vision Ned's group had to kill 2 Knight's who were supposed to be great fighters - and they both wore the Targaryn sigil on the front of their armor. So they were there to protect the heir to the throne - which was baby John.

Concerning that Arya Stark video - I had not heard that one - very interesting indeed. Did you notice when Arya killed that faceless bitch that he smiled when Arya denounced being "no one" and said I am Arya Stark of Winterfell and walked. He had the distinct look of pleasure.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th August 2017 - 10:36 AM