New Track, new track I recorded recently
Chris Harrington
Jun 23 2016, 11:38 AM
Instructor
Hey everyone!

Recently got a riff stuck in my head and two days ago decided i needed to exorcise it so got in my studio and started laying some bits down, it evolved into something I hadn't planned on and found the whole 'reactive' writing/recording process really inspiring.

Hope you like it, its a little more fiery than my normal bluesy material haha biggrin.gif

https://soundcloud.com/northarchrising/involuntary-musical-imagery/s-qe9Yg

Chris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my LESSONS.
My YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 23 2016, 11:45 AM
GMC Founder
Sounds absolutely wicked - gives me electronic vibes (in a very positive way)!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Jun 23 2016, 01:02 PM
GMC:er
Awesome stuff. Love the airyness of the composition.

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jun 23 2016, 05:26 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Wow, great prog/fusion vibe! I like it from beginning to end. One suggestion: the stereo field seems a little unbalanced at times, with the riff sometimes predominantly on one side.

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 24 2016, 07:48 AM
Learning Tone Master
Sounds truly killer and very refreshing!!! I like it very, very, very much!!! You definitely must compose more stuffs like that because you are extraordinary good at this smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 26 2016, 03:05 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Really creative song! Enjoyed listening to this track... cool production as well. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 14 2016, 12:40 PM
Instructor
I was totally surprised smile.gif I guess I was expecting something more "Regular" ?tongue.gif This is wicked but cool. Sounds like you've taken a turn in your playing and try to combine some classic tones with modern flavor smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 14 2016, 12:53 PM
GMC:er
Very cool stuff!! Avant Garde meets Avante Crazy, Meets a bit of Blues Prog smile.gif Well done!

+Quote Post
Chris Harrington
Sep 14 2016, 01:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 14 2016, 12:40 PM) *
I was totally surprised smile.gif I guess I was expecting something more "Regular" ?tongue.gif This is wicked but cool. Sounds like you've taken a turn in your playing and try to combine some classic tones with modern flavor smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 14 2016, 12:53 PM) *
Very cool stuff!! Avant Garde meets Avante Crazy, Meets a bit of Blues Prog smile.gif Well done!

Thanks guys, its definitely different to what I normal play and write but was one of those things where that riff just wouldn't leave me alone so best to record it to get it out of my system. Since I uploaded this track I've put out my new album and you can tell it's definitely different to this track.

This post has been edited by Chris Harrington: Sep 14 2016, 01:39 PM

--------------------
Check out my LESSONS.
My YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 14 2016, 06:14 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris, great stuff man. This sounds very unique to me. It's has a very dark vibe. It makes me feel that there is something (possibly not good) that is going to happen, it creates suspense.

I hope to hear more new music from you soon!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 14 2016, 10:08 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Brilliant, I agree with Gab, it is full of suspense, like someone running through a war torn city dreading turning each corner in case of finding an enemy soldier.

Awesome Chris, keep it up buddy, it's good to make a break from the norm wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
enlo22
Sep 15 2016, 12:37 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
really cool stuff man, I like the chaos in it, also control though smile.gif very interesting over all sound!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:16 AM