> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Take 2: Blues Comping, Lesson By Chris Harrington
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

tflava
post Jul 8 2016, 11:24 AM
Post #1

Learning Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 18.421

Original lesson: Blues Comping by Chris Harrington

Hello guys, Here another take of this leson. I tried to make it mre bluesier and put accents on some notes. Hope you like it. greetz Tim

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=57153
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Jul 9 2016, 11:32 AM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

Hi Tim, your tone is so much better on this version. The lead section sounds much more authentic and bluesy now!

Vibrato, bending and hand coordination are the 3 areas which we usually mention to you. They are something which is ongoing in your practise anyway - this lesson heavily relies on all 3 of those elements so obviously you still have improvements you can make but this is something that will take time. However, in the small amount of time since your last take of this lesson, you've already made improvements to the overall delivery of the lesson.. just be prepared for the improvements on physical technique to take longer smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jul 13 2016, 09:09 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

Hi again Tim!

It's interesting to review my comment on the previous take and be able to say that each of the three elements that I've mentioned shows improvement her: tone, dynamics and articulation.

This means that you are also going on the right track with this lesson and that you only need to more time of practice. And as Ben said, it's important to be patient since it takes time to polish expressing elements like dynamics, vibrato and bending.

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Jul 15 2016, 09:39 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 17.069

Hey Tim!
Same as Ben, I've noticed your tone improvement at first. I really like the amount of brightness, that matches the type of a lesson perfectly. Contrast in your playing has improved as well. More dynamics are clearlly visible and the accents are clearly outstanding from the soft notes. In this lesson I can notice something that might be your overall problem. You have a regular problem with lick with string skipping - I'm not sure if it's more a sync issue between both hands or a pressure issue. It's definitely something that somehow makes a regular problem, that is visible in many of your takes for different lessons. I think you should talk with Gab to get some help on it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jul 17 2016, 11:44 AM
Post #5

Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.338

Pass: 7.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 04:31 PM