Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 21.989

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jul 30 2016, 01:20 PM) *
Hello

i have start to learn UNDERTOW, from Marty FRIEDMAN

Maybe a bit hard ?

no i don"t think so, most parts are playable for me , so i give a try !!!

cheers

Laurent

Hey Laurent,

I just joined GMC because of the REC program and you have the distinction of being the very first person I have seen post a video and then see Gabe & Todd respond back with their comments. This site is bad to the bone ( which means good) biggrin.gif I have to say you have inspired me to really get into this program as well because it was nice to hear progress in your playing.

Did you just randomly post a REC or are you using a mentor?. I like both Todd & Gabe. Two monster players and great instructors. Obviously you are learning a Marty cut so it's not a lesson that Todd or Gabe prepared. And nice to see a young player like yourself on this site. I am 54 but as you know, playing guitar is one long journey. Yes, there are short destinations that occur during the journey like learning that Mary cut, but this is a lifelong process.

And you made a comment to Todd that you are glad someone noticed Friendman.

Is it my eyes, or is Marty's LP have about 4 scalloped frets starting on the 7th fret? . I thought that was Yngvies thing.

Keep up good work. And I saw a little boy running around in background. Please tell me you have at least taught him Smoke on the Water on low E string or an open D chord. You must start kids off early because if they don't like it, fine. But there are those few kids chosen personally by God of course to make music their life. I would get him a kids guitar if you haven't already done so.

FYI...I run Ableton as my DAW and recently picked up NI Komplete Ultimate 10. It has Guitar Rig 5 which I think kicks tail. My old computer still has Guitar Rig loaded, Amplitude 3 and GTR from Waves. I never heard of Eleven before and imagine it is a great sounding software. I learned recently I only need Guitar Rig 5. I say this because when I had all 3 plugins on my last computer, I spent more time trying to dial in the perfect sound when all that time wasted time (talking hours) could have been spent playing.

Last item....I thought I heard or read in one of the above posts about a floorboard being used. If so, which one you using? I have always been a tube person specifically a LP into wah into Boogie. But digging the Line 6 Helix which is killer for playing live but also for recording because all the processing power is in that unit, freeing up CPU in computer. I am sure that board blows away anything you will find in any software emulator.

My posts are too long. I do have an excuse because I kid you not, I had a traumatic brain injury and have a condition called HYPERGRAPHIA. Go Google the word. You will get a chuckle.

Thanks for inspiration. Keep Rocken n Rollin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzalfa
post Sep 21 2016, 09:20 AM
Post #22

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 20.796

Hi Funktheblues

I have to say you have inspired me to really get into this program as well because it was nice to hear progress in your playing.

REally ? i'm very glad smile.gif

i own guitars since 3 years ago, but i really start to work since two year now

i'm 43 yo

Did you just randomly post a REC or are you using a mentor?

So, i prefere post randomly about doing REC, because i have try REC lesson but at least i doing these my own and i'm not able to play it as it as, i always do it in the way i like to do it..... so it's hopless for me to post a REC and havea good ranking.

I work a lot with Todd, because he teach me own to play faster and cleaner and i have discovered diferent way to play.

I do not have learn it any music, he have small guitar to do as i do, but he is a bit young to learn, he is only 5 yo even if he is 1,25m tall.

in other hand he really love velvet revolver since he have 3yo, he always ask for libertad album when we are in my car.

I thought I heard or read in one of the above posts about a floorboard being used. If so, which one you using?

Actualy i use an Avid Eleven rack with a behringer FCB 1010 pedal board with moded rom (eureka prom).

11rack is better than Guitar Rig in term of sound quality, better than my previous Boss GT100 too.

Todd,

this is an update of my preset

[attachment=45189:Marty.rar]

cheers

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Sep 21 2016, 09:21 AM

--------------------

Yes, i love badges.....

+Quote Post
fzalfa
post Sep 28 2016, 04:33 PM
Post #23

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 20.796

Hi here

No more advices ?

cheers

Laurent

--------------------

Yes, i love badges.....

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2017 - 04:13 AM