Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Opeth Track
Serberuss
post Oct 5 2016, 07:11 PM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 21.916

I too am going to sound like an old school Opeth fanboy here but I really haven't liked any of their albums since Watershed and it sounds like this is going to be no different. I just really can't get into the new direction they've gone, don't like the guitar tone they've gone for compared to past albums as well. These guys used to be my favourite band but this one isn't for me.

Not hating on it or anything it's just not what I like I guess

This post has been edited by Serberuss: Oct 5 2016, 07:11 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
post Oct 5 2016, 09:28 PM
Post #22

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.292

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Oct 5 2016, 06:39 PM) *
i have buyed this album this afternoon, and i catualy listen it with good quality speakers and amplifier (onkyo amp and Cabasse sloop M4 speakers)
and it sound totaly different than the first listening on youtube.......

yes, I agree. The versions on youtube are quite poor when you hear the original on a good system. Ive got the vinyl playing through an old pioneer system from the early 90's and it sounds great biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Serberuss @ Oct 5 2016, 07:11 PM) *
I too am going to sound like an old school Opeth fanboy here but I really haven't liked any of their albums since Watershed and it sounds like this is going to be no different. I just really can't get into the new direction they've gone, don't like the guitar tone they've gone for compared to past albums as well. These guys used to be my favourite band but this one isn't for me.

Not hating on it or anything it's just not what I like I guess

that's cool, everyone has their own 'sonic palate' cool.gif Im quite a new convert to Opeth. I really only got into them a few years ago so I didnt experience the new direction, they were already well along that road when I turned up smile.gif Blackwater park and ghost rev are my favourite of the older stuff, didnt really like Heritage too much but Pale Communion and this new one just blew me away.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 04:52 AM