+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Aug 31 2016, 11:05 PM
Post #2

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Ahh youtube smile.gif Here is one of my somewhat confused Southern Brethren flying the Rebel Battle flag and talking about their support of Trump. IT's folks like this that make it difficult to be Southern and Proud of it IMHO.

LAST POST OF MINE IN THIS THREAD : LAST WORD TO WHOEVER WANTS IT smile.gif

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 27 2016, 08:07 PM) *
Whatever happened to reporting the truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AP2-sWIWCk

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
post Sep 1 2016, 03:17 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.304

Sadly, anymore - at least here in the States - opinion passes as news ... on both sides (all sides).

Reporting the news, sans an editorial, died when guys like Dan Rather, Ted Koppel, William F. Buckley, John McLaughlin (not the guitar player), Tim Russert, Brit Hume, Jim Lehrer and Walter Cronkite quit or died. Now it's all just a bunch of (mostly) fucking idiots with an 'agenda' trying to get you to believe that they're right and the other side or sides are wrong. I hardly watch or listen anymore.

Read a few different papers from different parts of the country (or world), try to travel at least a little bit, look and listen when you're out and about ... and parse from all that. You're gonna have to find the truth yourself. Ain't nobody gonna help you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
post Sep 1 2016, 08:50 AM
Post #4

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 14.225

I don't think America has the monopoly on this. Journalism seems to be about ratings, creating emotional knee jerk reactions rather than giving us well researched fact based news, whether the topic is politics, demonising certain religions, blaming steroids etc.

--------------------
Currently Working on

PosterBoy's Modern Riffing with Gabriel

PosterBoy's Bootcamp with Todd

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Axe Fx Ultra - GCP Pro

+Quote Post
klasaine
post Sep 1 2016, 02:40 PM
Post #5

We may not have a monopoly on it but we have the majority share.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
post Sep 1 2016, 03:13 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 6.517

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Sep 1 2016, 08:50 AM) *
I don't think America has the monopoly on this. Journalism seems to be about ratings, creating emotional knee jerk reactions rather than giving us well researched fact based news, whether the topic is politics, demonising certain religions, blaming steroids etc.

Ain't that the sad truth of it!
sad.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
post Sep 5 2016, 01:10 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 4.733

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 31 2016, 11:05 PM) *
Ahh youtube smile.gif Here is one of my somewhat confused Southern Brethren flying the Rebel Battle flag and talking about their support of Trump. IT's folks like this that make it difficult to be Southern and Proud of it IMHO.

LAST POST OF MINE IN THIS THREAD : LAST WORD TO WHOEVER WANTS IT smile.gif

to bad ,# the forums have gotten boring . I can agree that the flags are offensive, but if the flags were not in this video, what comments were made that were racist or hateful

and a pull from TYT , really , after all your complaining of biased videos , you pull from TYT , huh
P.S. miss saturday's chat

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Sep 5 2016, 01:26 AM

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Sep 5 2016, 01:39 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 18.294

When I was a child we only had 2 channels on tv here and it was the goverments channels. My parents friends who worked there when they were young said although they could collect any news they could, they were filtered by the goverment.

Went to USA when I was 5 and lived there till 9 it was pretty amazing for me to being able to watch all those channels, no limitation to cartoons smile.gif

When returned, finally private owned channels started to happen. Only for a few years they seemed more independent (covered news that the goverment owned channel didn't). As the numbers of these channels increased, they started choosing sides to be able to be "different" from the other channels. I clearly remember one showing boobs at night while another had prayers going on biggrin.gif

Internet was nice in the end of 90's as there were no control over it. It also wasn't a mess as it wasn't easy to have a website those days so the ones that had really worked hard.

Between 2000-2010 political partys started buying channels, as we don't have 2 strong party system here the ruling one bought the most. I only watch a few although there are many.

So to really understand an event on TV, one has to watch 3 types of channels to have a (possibility) real idea. The ruling partys channel, an alternative political partys channel and one who trys to play on both sides. Probably its like fox+msnbc+cnn in USA?

This post has been edited by Mertay: Sep 5 2016, 01:42 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
post Sep 5 2016, 02:40 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (Mertay @ Sep 4 2016, 05:39 PM) *
Probably its like fox+msnbc+cnn in USA?

Hopefully not.

Fortuitously, when you live in a big city here (the states), especially one that's a port city and that's had a massive amount of immigration over the last 150 years ... you at least have many options. Whether one cares to look at those options is another story.

What I appreciate about L.A. is that besides Hispanics, we have a ton of Asians, Europeans, Middle Easterners and Brits living here. There are news programs both in english, subtitled and/or in whatever native tongue from all those places. Every day. BBC, NHK, Telemundo, Rai, Al Jazerra, KBS, DW, etc. There's multiple public TV stations (no commercials) and then there's radio too (public, corporate, satellite, terrestrial). We also have two fairly decent newspapers. LA Times - generally liberal, and the Orange County Register - generally conservative. And, you can still easily buy print copies of many international newspapers here.
*My wife reads an Italian newspaper on-line everyday (La Repubblica).

So you can get an accurate account of what's happening ... but you gotta work for it smile.gif

This post has been edited by klasaine: Sep 6 2016, 12:48 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2017 - 09:43 PM