> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Becker Made Easy, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

chris4
Sep 7 2016, 08:53 AM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Becker Made Easy by Ben Higgins

Hello. I'm not pround of my take. The vibrato are difficults for me. Thanks in advance

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 7 2016, 08:14 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!

As we are working at the mentoring program with this lesson (HERE), you already know my thoughts about this take. I'll let the other instructors to add their input here and proceed to give my grading.

Keep on the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 12 2016, 10:26 AM
Instructor
Hi Chris, I thought you did a really good job with this lesson.

First of all, I really like the tone.

Timing is accurate as well.

There's only things that I think need attention:

-Arpeggios. My intention is that people play these arpeggios using sweep picking, not alternate picking. I see it as a nice and easy introduction to the technique, due to the manageable tempo.

-Whammy bar use. Mostly this is very good and close to the lesson. There are only a few places where you're not doing it the same. My advice here is just to try and copy the whammy use as closely as you can to the lesson to get near the Becker sound.

Overall, great job.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 13 2016, 12:27 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

First impression is really good. Your vibrato is on the good path - proper hand motion. You only need to try to workout more regular "off pitch" point. It sounds like each "pull" of vibrated note has a slightly different pitch, that's why it's not consistent enough yet. The good news is you won't have to fix any kind of bad habits. Just focus a little more to always pull it with similar strength

As for the short sweep part. I really like the idea of Ben making sort of "introduction to sweep technique" in this lesson. The problem is...even if your picking direction is correct at the sweeps, you took the advantage of slow speed, making a regular "pick jumps" and that is not exactly what happens with sweep motion. True sweep is hard to be mastered at slow speed and that was the purpose in the lesson so it's just my suggestion to try to tu push the pick until it falls on another string, next time you will make a take smile.gif

Aside from that it's a piece of nice playing. Well done

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 15 2016, 05:51 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:01 PM