2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hello From New Member...bobbyd In Nyc, It's a tad long but worth the read....promise.
Mertay
post Sep 17 2016, 10:52 PM
Post #21

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 18.294

QUOTE (FunktheBlues @ Sep 17 2016, 08:55 PM) *
I am so happy you responded about using the DAW and couldn't agree more with you about it's education, not about equipment. At least in this situation. I have a killer Focusrite Clarrette 8 pre SoundCard so that's taken care of. But I do not understand how to import a backing track into the DAW and play along using the tones from Guitar Rig 5 which I happen to like. Can you please if if it's not too difficult to explain the process or send me a link how to do this. I want to get started and do not consider myself a member of this community until I have a mentor, study a full lesson, and actively posting audio or video of my playing. I am going to play around with my Imac tonight and try to make a recording using webcam, playing backing track directly from this site, and playing along with a small amp and using an external mic to hopefully get a good mix to record the jam onto a track in Ableton. Sounds a tad complicated and I know there must be a better , easier way to do this.P

If I had to buy a Gopro Camera and Tripod, I will do so if necessary. My main confusion is getting backing track imported into DAW.

Thanks for reaching out and thanks in advance for any info you can send my way about best possible way to record and upload. I think a video is way more powerful so I want to get started and setup correctly from day one so I can concentrate on playing. I hate wasting time on technical things.

And you are so spot on about the headphones because I live an apt with my mom who will not put up with any sounds out of my room. So getting that backing track into Ableton will sure make life much easier. I will start a new thread soon about this topic unless I figure this out tonight because I want to play!!!

Peace

BobbyD

Ok cool, thats indeed a really nice soundcard as its thunderbolt we won't have latency problems at all with guitar rig. We do have members here who use their analog amps/pedals for recording but all this can be done with software silently as we don't want to upset anyone in the house or neighbors smile.gif

I'm not very comfortable with video + specially as I'm not a mac user don't know how/which programs work best but I'm sure other members here can help. Feel free to open a topic anytime when you're ready smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 09:07 AM