> Keep Breaking E's
bleez
post Oct 7 2016, 04:34 PM
Post #21

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.292

QUOTE (klasaine @ Oct 7 2016, 03:05 PM) *
I have a lot of guitars and I don't keep track of how much I break strings but I do have on hand at least 20 extra high Es and Bs at all times.

I always just assumed that Pros would change the set anytime a string broke smile.gif
I usually dont break strings very often but its not like Im gigging or, in fact, leaving the house!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
post Oct 7 2016, 05:09 PM
Post #22

GMC:er

Member No.: 17.304

I hate changing my strings. when I break an E or B I just change those.
I'll take the cue that my strings need changing when I bust a D or A, lol!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
post Oct 8 2016, 01:51 PM
Post #23

Experienced Rock Star

Member No.: 11.529

QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 7 2016, 03:34 PM) *
I always just assumed that Pros would change the set anytime a string broke smile.gif
I usually dont break strings very often but its not like Im gigging or, in fact, leaving the house!

I'm not a pro, but sometimes I don't even change the broken string when I break one smile.gif. I have a floyd rose, so the string clamps at the bridge. When I put on new strings, I put extra wraps of the high strings around the peg on the headstock. If the string breaks at the bridge, I just unwrap some of the extra off of the peg, clamp it into the bridge and I'm done smile.gif.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
post Oct 15 2016, 11:22 AM
Post #24

Experienced Tone Seeker

pack of E strings arrived yesterday. took me a few goes to change the string because Im still getting use to these vintage tuners mellow.gif It kept popping out, I think I need a string winder.
anyway after a bunch of attempts I got it wound on and then realised I's strung it backwards dry.gif what a dick!
so now Im going out of my was to break it tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Oct 15 2016, 11:40 AM
Post #25

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 18.294

QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 15 2016, 10:22 AM) *
pack of E strings arrived yesterday. took me a few goes to change the string because Im still getting use to these vintage tuners mellow.gif It kept popping out, I think I need a string winder.
anyway after a bunch of attempts I got it wound on and then realised I's strung it backwards dry.gif what a dick!
so now Im going out of my was to break it tongue.gif

Search kluson tuners on youtube as they're a pain if you work them like normal tuners, but after getting the tips you'll realize they're great smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
post Oct 15 2016, 12:55 PM
Post #26

Experienced Tone Seeker

QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 15 2016, 11:40 AM) *
Search kluson tuners on youtube as they're a pain if you work them like normal tuners, but after getting the tips you'll realize they're great smile.gif

I had watched one vid where they guy stuck the string in the hole and then wrapped it once ( only on the high E ) before winding, that was the way Ive been doing it but I had look at some others just now and not everyone does the 'one wrap' on the high E, I might not bother doing it that way next time.
I do like these tuners though, although so far Ive found the higher string a bit awkward, they are really good. Im sure I'll get the hang of it soon smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2017 - 04:14 AM