> Atlanta Skyline Panorama Shot
Todd Simpson
post Sep 24 2016, 04:25 AM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

I grabbed this shot on my iphone using the "panorama" mode which is quite handy smile.gif If anyone else has a spiff pic of their home town please do share!!
Attached Image

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
post Sep 24 2016, 12:51 PM
Post #2

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.292

that is a very impressive shot, I cant see any zombies though cool.gif you could probably fit my town in one street of Atlanta.

I didnt take this but Its a cool panoramic of my hometown -
[attachment=45202:ht.jpg]

Although the view from my back door would make a decent album cover for Darkthrone cool.gif
[attachment=45204:view.jpg]

Attached Image

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Sep 24 2016, 02:41 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 24 2016, 11:51 AM) *
Although the view from my back door would make a decent album cover for Darkthrone cool.gif

Attached Image

EPIC!! laugh.gif

Trying to google images of my hometown just brings up loads of pics of Natasha Henstridge. I'll let you be the judge of whether that's helpful or not.

But here's a pic of the pub up the road instead. Beat that for dramatic scenery (sarcasm intended)

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
post Sep 24 2016, 03:19 PM
Post #4

Experienced Tone Seeker

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 24 2016, 02:41 PM) *
Trying to google images of my hometown just brings up loads of pics of Natasha Henstridge. I'll let you be the judge of whether that's helpful or not.

But here's a pic of the pub up the road instead. Beat that for dramatic scenery (sarcasm intended)

Attached Image

Reminds me of the slaughtered lamb pub from 'American werewolf in London' ohmy.gif I hope you stayed off those moors smile.gif

I had no idea who Natasha Henstridge was, I googled...... not disappointed biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Sep 24 2016, 04:22 PM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 24 2016, 02:19 PM) *
I had no idea who Natasha Henstridge was, I googled...... not disappointed biggrin.gif

So you've never seen The Whole Nine Yards with Bruce Willis and Mathew Perry? You need to remedy that biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
post Sep 24 2016, 05:37 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 17.304

Here's one that highlights the vastness of Los Angeles.

Attached Image

I live just beyond the left frame, middle. The tiny lake is 'Echo Park' lake.
The round/curved/domed building in the lower left, below the lake is the Angeles Temple.
Evangelical Christianity started there. Aimee Semple McPherson.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Sep 24 2016, 05:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
post Sep 24 2016, 06:07 PM
Post #7

Experienced Tone Seeker

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 24 2016, 04:22 PM) *
So you've never seen The Whole Nine Yards with Bruce Willis and Mathew Perry? You need to remedy that biggrin.gif

It sounds like a rom-com I'll maybe watch it when no-ones home cool.gif Most movies I watch are all basically about an evil presence that gets unwittingly awakened. possibly by teenagers played by 34 year olds. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (klasaine @ Sep 24 2016, 05:37 PM) *
Here's one that highlights the vastness of Los Angeles.

I cant get my head around how massive LA is ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Sep 24 2016, 07:04 PM
Post #8

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 24 2016, 05:07 PM) *
It sounds like a rom-com I'll maybe watch it when no-ones home cool.gif Most movies I watch are all basically about an evil presence that gets unwittingly awakened. possibly by teenagers played by 34 year olds. biggrin.gif

Definitely a com with only a small amount of rom... but it's not a chick flick wink.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 24 2016, 05:07 PM) *
Most movies I watch are all basically about an evil presence that gets unwittingly awakened. possibly by teenagers played by 34 year olds. biggrin.gif

Possibly involving woods and cabins........ and Bruce Campbell

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Sep 24 2016, 08:10 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Some very cool pics smile.gif We have Ireland, England, L.A., Atlanta, anyone else? I've been to L.A. several times and you don't know TRAFFIC HELL until you've suffered through it on L.A. imho. We have rush hour in Atlanta, but in L.A. this huge stretch of highway called "The 405" (Angelinos put "the" in front of their roads, after all its' L.A.). I once spent 4 hours on it trying to just get from the city to where I was staying with friends. But it's also an amazingly impressive city for it's vastness, spots of incredible beauty, and the contrast between rich and poor which is very pronounced. You can drive from one of the wealthy places (Say the Beverly Wilshire Hotel from the Pretty Woman Movie in Beverly Hills) to "South Central" (home of west coast gangster rap) in 20 minutes without traffic. It's worth a visit to be sure smile.gif

I'd like to go to Europe at some point and see all these cool places that so many folks here are from. smile.gif England, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Germany, etc.

Todd

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
post Sep 24 2016, 09:48 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 17.304

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 24 2016, 12:10 PM) *
I'd like to go to Europe at some point and see all these cool places that so many folks here are from. smile.gif England, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Germany, etc.

Todd

Do it. Don't wait. It's worth every dime you'll spend!
If you can, go in an 'off' season: April, May, September, October. Tourists are gone, everything's opened and it's neither too hot nor too cold (in most places). If you can plan maybe 3 mos. in advance sometimes you can find a round trip ticket for 5 or 6 hundred bucks. Delta (hub in Atlanta) has directs to the EU.

Here's my fave LA pic ...

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Sep 25 2016, 05:04 PM
Post #11

Learning Guitar Hero

Member No.: 13.839

Here is a promo shot of Anchorage Alaska. 15 minutes from me by floatplane or an hour drive around Knik arm which is part of Cook Inlet. Also here are a couple shots that show portions of Big Lake Alaska in the Matanuska Susitna valley where I live.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
bleez
post Sep 25 2016, 10:00 PM
Post #12

Experienced Tone Seeker

Alaska looks amazing. Id love to go especially in the winter ( Im not a summer type of dude ) I imagine winters in Alaska are very impressive cool.gif
Its def high up on my list of places Id like to see, right next to Norway smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Sep 25 2016, 10:39 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Good advice smile.gif I'm saving up for it as we speak. I think I'd love to try october. I like it colder when traveling as I run 20 degrees to hot generally. Making 90 degree ga summer a bit much to take.

QUOTE (klasaine @ Sep 24 2016, 04:48 PM) *
Do it. Don't wait. It's worth every dime you'll spend!
If you can, go in an 'off' season: April, May, September, October. Tourists are gone, everything's opened and it's neither too hot nor too cold (in most places). If you can plan maybe 3 mos. in advance sometimes you can find a round trip ticket for 5 or 6 hundred bucks. Delta (hub in Atlanta) has directs to the EU.

Here's my fave LA pic ...

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Sep 28 2016, 05:02 PM
Post #14

Learning Guitar Hero

Member No.: 13.839

QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 25 2016, 01:00 PM) *
Alaska looks amazing. Id love to go especially in the winter ( Im not a summer type of dude ) I imagine winters in Alaska are very impressive cool.gif
Its def high up on my list of places Id like to see, right next to Norway smile.gif

Let me know if you get the chance to come! I'll do whatever I can to help make your visit an enjoyable one whether it be just getting together for a jam session or to share what I know about this place that could point you in the direction of the things you would like to do while you are here. The same goes for all my fellow GMCer's! smile.gif

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Sep 28 2016, 05:04 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2017 - 09:39 AM