Reply to this topicStart new topic
> And A Great Night Was Had By All
Phil66
post Oct 22 2016, 05:47 PM
Post #1

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.975

Wife and I went to see the superb Bad Company last night. Brilliant gig.

Up first was Jasmine Rogers (Paul's daughter) with some unusual folky soundscape type music. Good though, just her and a guitarist and backing. Guitarist was doing some strange sounds. Check her out here http://jasminerodgers.com/

Next up, Richie Sambora and Orianthi. He started off solo singing John Lennon's Imagine because (we needs something like this with all the shit going on in the world today", then he did some Bon Jovi, some of his solo stuff and some covers.They went down a storm. I said to my wife "Should this have been the band going on last?", Bad Co had a job to do to deliver after RSO's performance.

On came Bad Company, the set was very well paced building as it went knocking out classic after classic. Brilliant. When they did "Shooting Star" it was very poignant, images of legends that died too early were shown on the screens, you can see them in my videos.

First gig I've been to where the merch stall had a guitar for sale. A "very rare" signed guitar. It was a Squire Strat with the two guitarists and Paul Rogers signatures on it. There may have been others on the back though. £500.

Full pictures and videos taken with my phone are HERE. Enjoy.

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Oct 23 2016, 08:52 AM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

Sounds like a great show. What venue was it?

And you didn't quite say whether they did manage to top Mr Sambora or not wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Oct 23 2016, 09:55 AM
Post #3

Cheers mate,

It was at the Genting Arena (NEC) but only half of it. Many are use half of it. It's not a bad venue now, got a great Resort World there too with shops, restaurants, bars, and plenty of places to eat in the very too. Check out the pictures.

Bad Co, in my opinion, did top Mr Sambora but that might be because I've never been a big Bon Jovi fan, I done know any of his solo stuff either whereas every Bad Co song they did, is a classic except for one which was a new one and that was might find too. I usually find it hard to enjoy new tracks at a gig because it not knowing them but Trouble Shooter was classic Bad Co.

I know it's not your kettle of fish but they're playing the O2 next Saturday, get your tickets, get the first five albums, listen to them, go to the gig and enjoy some fine classic rock performed by some seasoned musicians with a legendary front man wink.gif

Paul Rogers: Free, Bad Company, Paul Rogers Band, toured with Queen as vocalist.

Guitar: Mick Ralphs. Mott the Google, Bad Company, Dave Gilmore

Guitar: Howard Leese. Heart (22years), Paul Rogers Band, Bad Company.

Bass: Todd Running. King Karma, Paul Rogers Band, Bad Company.

Drums: Simon Kirke. Free. Bad Company.

Cheers

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
post Oct 23 2016, 11:24 AM
Post #4

Experienced Tone Seeker

Member No.: 14.292

you took some great pics and vids. Looks like a good gig. Im a huge fan of Free. Paul Rogers vocals were second to none for that style. One of my fav albums is Fire and water, he was about 21 when he done that ohmy.gif
the guy is awesome!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Oct 23 2016, 12:06 PM
Post #5

Cheers Scott smile.gif

One of the best gigs we've been to. I think I could have gotten better pics but only had my new phone on that day.

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
post Oct 23 2016, 01:24 PM
Post #6

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 6.517

Sounds like a great night Phil!!
Jasmine used to appear at an Open Mic that I used to go to every once in a while, I went to see her at a fairly small Pub Gig in Chiswick (London) and really enjoyed her stuff!
I've seen Mr Sambora solo a couple of times and really enjoyed him, also Bad Company as well, they are always good and a couple of years back I got to see Mick Ralphs with his band at a really cool little venue near me!
biggrin.gif

Great photos and Vids too!!
biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Oct 23 2016, 01:27 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 23 2016, 07:37 PM
Post #7

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

I've read that Sambora just quit going to Bonjovi rehearsals and so they sorta had to replace him. He had a bit of drama after cheating on his wife with that gal who was married to Charlie Sheen for a bit and has a son by Sheen. Can't remember her name. She was in Starship Troopers, DENISE RICHARDS!! That was it smile.gif Anyhoo, it wrecked his marriage and he climbed inside a bottle for a while. Glad to see he is back out there playing again smile.gif Sounds like a cool gig!!

Todd

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
post Oct 24 2016, 08:24 AM
Post #8

Experienced Tone Seeker

I saw Orianthi live a few years back, she was ultimately disappointing dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Oct 24 2016, 08:28 AM
Post #9

Really? Why was that? She wasn't doing anything flash on Friday just standard classic rock stuff and singing some parts.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 24 2016, 08:12 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
post Oct 24 2016, 08:39 AM
Post #10

Experienced Tone Seeker

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 24 2016, 08:28 AM) *
Really? Why was that? She wasn't doing anything flash on Friday just standard codicil rock stuff and singing some parts.

It was when she was with Alice Cooper. I was very close to her side of the stage, she looked as miserable as sin for the entire gig. She played ok, nothing mega ( better than I'll ever be obviously! ) she just gave the impression that it was a real chore. Maybe she had stuff going on or she just didnt like Edinburgh.... which is fair enough cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2017 - 05:57 PM