> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Neoclassical Three-Level-Lesson, Intermediate , Lesson By Marcus Lavendell
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
Total Votes: 3

Mirba
post Nov 2 2016, 07:54 PM
Post #1

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 22.145

Original lesson: Neoclassical Three-Level-Lesson, Intermediate by Marcus Lavendell

This is a very hard one for me. had a lot of trouble with the descending lick starting from the 19th fret. Marcus plays this in Eb, I am in drop D and just play everything a fret lower.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Nov 3 2016, 03:07 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Hi mate, good job!

The overall energy of this take is very cool. I think that you can play the lesson really well but that there are some small details in your technique that need to be adjusted in order to be able to play more advanced lessons.

I'm talking about your hands movements. When playing alternate picking passages, the faster on this one, I notice that you fix your hand and don't focus your right hand movement from your wrist. I recommend you to check some Darius alternate picking lessons (basics) in order to make your right hand movement more effective. I also think that your left hand fingers could be moved less.

Besides that, I think that your tone and vibrato are really good and that your bending is precise on this one.

Keep going!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Nov 7 2016, 03:13 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

I kept watching your take to try to find something wrong with it but I can't. Your vibrato and bending is really excellent and definitely the right kind of thing for this type of lesson.

You mentioned having trouble with that descending lick but I didn't see or hear anything to give that impression.

Brilliant work, how about level 3 next?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Nov 7 2016, 07:08 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 17.069

Same as Ben I would like to say that there is nothing to complain from listeners perspective. What makes us worried is the visual part. Your right hand looks very tensed and most of the responsibility has been moved to the forearm instead of wrist. I would suggest you to experiment with your right hand because with you current method you will have serious problems playing faster.

Aside from that. For the future you can contact me if you need some track to be transposed because of your different tuning. You don't have to learn the lessons in a different positions smile.gif Just remember to request for transposition through PM.

Overall I like your intense articulation, picking strength and energy. You rock man!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
post Nov 8 2016, 11:43 AM
Post #5

Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.338

Pass: 9

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2017 - 06:11 AM