Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today Is The Day
bleez
post Nov 27 2016, 08:02 PM
Post #21

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.292

are you weighing yourself first thing in the morning?
After stopped doing MMA I put on a bit of weight. I managed to lose it but I had to get quite OCD about it. I have a spreadsheet with all the foods I eat all broken down by cals / protein / fats / carbs. That way I knew exactly what I was taking in. I got good results when I dropped carbs down to 30g per day and replaced the cals with fats. I also had to stop eating about 4 hours before bed which went against the bodybuilding stuff that Im used to but it was effective for me. Sometimes its just trial and error until you find the best approach.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Nov 27 2016, 08:30 PM
Post #22

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 19.975

Yes mate,

Same routine every morning, get up, go to the loo, wash, brush teeth and weigh. I know people don't advocate daily weighing but it comes from my body building days when I was trying to put it on. It also helps when you can see your lightest day of the week. Sometimes your "official" weighing day can be heavier than last week but your lightest day of the week can be lighter than the lightest day the previous week, that helps keep you going. I have a spreadsheet with graph for my weight going back to 2000. I think a part of it has to be muscle growth due to "muscle memory".

I've actually got a bit taller. I've added a few yoga poses through Wii Fit Plus, on one of them, when I'm on the balance board I touch the ceiling with my fingers but I didn't a couple of weeks ago.

I used to be crazy with my food when I was bodybuilding. Weighed everything and worked out calories, % carbs, % protein and % fats. That was in the days of 60% carbs, 30% protein and 10% fats.

I'm not going to give up though, I don't get time on Tuesdays or Wednesdays but every other day I exercise for 30 minutes. Most Sundays I wash my car which takes an hour to an hour and a half, then come in and exercise and on the Sundays that we don't have my wife's dad for dinner we go to National Trust properties and do a good walk, Saturdays we find places to walk too, could be a National Trust or country villages or along rivers etc. On top of this, I'm on my feet for nine hours a day doing manual work.

My doc once said I have a strange metabolism and seem to resist weight loss. My weight goes on so easily it's unreal, I can put half a pound a day on when on holiday and it doesn't come down. It's a one way street laugh.gif

I can walk up very steep hills none stop and I see people much smaller and much fitter looking than me stopping for breath. They look at me gone out I walk on by biggrin.gif

Cheers duder wink.gif

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
post Nov 27 2016, 09:21 PM
Post #23

Experienced Tone Seeker

Member No.: 14.292

TBH I kinda thought you would have everything under control. you can take the boy out of bodybuilding but you cant take bodybuilding out of the boy biggrin.gif
I also do the weighings everyday. you cant have too much info. All the best with it matey smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Nov 27 2016, 09:29 PM
Post #24

Cheers bud,

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Dec 5 2016, 09:37 PM
Post #25

Well,

Yesterday morning I was 282.375 (282 3/8) lbs so that's nearly a pound gone since last week and just over 2 and a half pounds since starting on November 6th. I haven't exercised this last week due to a case of man flu, I still have the cough lingering so anything do to get a bit warm starts me coughing.

Anyway, I'm not letting it stop me, if I could do that every month for a year that would be 25lbs gone.

Gotta keep going.

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2017 - 04:12 AM