> Because, Huge Tank Gun!
Todd Simpson
post Dec 7 2016, 12:11 AM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

OH yeah smile.gif Gotta get one of these!
Attached Image

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mirba
post Dec 7 2016, 03:42 PM
Post #2

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 22.145

I cant help but wonder.. With a weapon this big, does the camo even have a point tongue.gif especially with the blue beams under the cannon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Dec 7 2016, 04:03 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

I knew this would be a Todd thread, before I even saw it! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Dec 7 2016, 05:17 PM
Post #4

Learning Guitar Hero

Member No.: 13.839

A giant blast suppressor? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Dec 11 2016, 07:57 PM
Post #5

GMC:er
Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Hey now!!! smile.gif I gotta be me!! smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 7 2016, 11:03 AM) *
I knew this would be a Todd thread, before I even saw it! laugh.gif

BINGO!!! Give that man a prize smile.gif It's a Tank "Silencer". Not exactly stealthy, since it weighs many tons, but it's mounted and the tank just drives up to it. The tank range is not that far from living quarters, so the noise has to be kept down a bit.

Still, it's crazy spiff smile.gif Imagine seeing a tank with one mounted, rolling down the street. Without toppling over somehow smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Dec 7 2016, 12:17 PM) *
A giant blast suppressor? unsure.gif

It's a suppressor for the noise smile.gif The blue beams are the mount, it's not actually attached to the tank smile.gif

QUOTE (Mirba @ Dec 7 2016, 10:42 AM) *
I cant help but wonder.. With a weapon this big, does the camo even have a point tongue.gif especially with the blue beams under the cannon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Dec 11 2016, 08:49 PM
Post #6

Learning Guitar Hero

Member No.: 13.839

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 11 2016, 10:57 AM) *
BINGO!!! Give that man a prize smile.gif It's a Tank "Silencer". Not exactly stealthy, since it weighs many tons, but it's mounted and the tank just drives up to it. The tank range is not that far from living quarters, so the noise has to be kept down a bit.

Still, it's crazy spiff smile.gif Imagine seeing a tank with one mounted, rolling down the street. Without toppling over somehow smile.gif

Todd

Makes sense. I know from living in a relatively close proximity to Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson that live fire exercises can be quite annoying sometimes. I live at least 15 miles away from the post, maybe even 20 miles, and even at this distance, the concussion from the blast has rattled my windows and even shaken my house pretty good almost every time they have them, although some times are worse than others.
A good part of the reason I guess for the sound and the concussion traveling this far is the flatness of the terrain and the large body of water called Knik Arm between here and there with the base being just on the other side. And even though this side of Knik Arm is a 10 minute drive from where I am, the elevation of the land gradually increases with rolling hills mainly between here and there.
Eagle River and Anchorage are much closer than I, so they get a good earful as well I am sure. Sometimes these live fire exercises will go on for a week or more. We are used to it I guess for the most part but as I said, sometimes it can be a bit annoying

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2017 - 07:52 AM