> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Modes Workout, Lesson By Stephane Lucarelli
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Ken Slocum
post Dec 13 2016, 01:28 AM
Post #1

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 20.760

Original lesson: Modes Workout by Stephane Lucarelli

I am at a point in my guitar journey that I started working on modes. I selected this lesson to give me a taste. I have not done a record in some time...so here it is. Thank You.

--------------------
Ken (a.k.a. starman4) sends...............................keep making music.

Ken Slocum
Fender Strat
Ibanez RG655 FSO
PRS Custom 22
Boss ME-80
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Dec 15 2016, 02:48 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Hi mate,

This lesson sounds good. It's a lesson to learn modes, and get into its sound so there are not really important technical elements to cover or comment here. I would just like to say that your left hand movement could be more "economic", by keeping the hand closer to the fretboard and avoiding the extra rotation that is being done.

Other than that, this is perfect. Keep going.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Dec 17 2016, 12:25 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

Hi Ken, good to see you in the REC Zone again.

As Gabriel said, there's not many sound related comments we can make, apart from to say that the tone is a bit muffled, lacking in higher frequencies.

You pick quite softly as well, so I would encourage you to try and get used to picking with a bit more velocity to get a stronger pick attack.

The most important technical change you need to address is your random approach to crossing strings. You're not sticking to alternate picking. In many cases you're playing two of the same pick strokes in a row, which is something that will hamper you as you try to play anything more demanding or at a faster tempo. So the first task for you is to really get alternate picking squared away. You don't have to become a fast picker but you at least need to be comfortable in the knowledge that you can keep that alternating up/down flow going whenever you move onto another string smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Dec 19 2016, 09:53 AM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 17.069

Hey Ken!

First thing that took m yattention was your picking hand - it's playing too soft and with random picking direction. It should be straight alternate picking. It's like all notes in the bar has their picking direction assigned and if you have a break/pause, you act like there would be a kind of virtual picking happening on it's length. Then you pick next note with pidking direction that would be at this point of the bar. This way you'll bring regularity to your picking and it's necessary to avoid hand sync issues while you'll start to play faster things.

Left hand needs to be more stretched. In this kind of shapes we mostly streth the fingers to be already at the spots, they'll be used at. We simply add or release pressure but we do not move whole wrist while playing around width of four to five frets. Playing those shapes is an example of stuff we do not need to move the wrist. This would also solve your uneconomic, huge moves of fingers problem.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
post Dec 26 2016, 10:53 PM
Post #5

Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.338

Pass: 7.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 03:14 PM