Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Years Resolution!, What song do you be aim to master by Dec 2017
sidthekid
post Dec 21 2016, 07:50 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 21.947

Hey everyone, so on January 1st 2016, I posted on Facebook that my new years resolution was to be able to play Van Halen's Beat It solo. This post gave me motivation to practice that song constantly for the past few months and finally I made a recording on instagram. (Compared to this forum's level, it truly sucks but my friends were impressed anyway cool.gif )

So I think this a New Year's resolution is a great way to have a long-term goal and motivation to master some difficult song/technique we haven't been able to till now, so everyone who wants to make their goal public can do so here!

Just post a song/video that you will try to master by Dec 2017, and seeing this thread a year later will be fun biggrin.gif

My resolution is to be able to play and improvise in this song -
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
post Dec 25 2016, 06:42 PM
Post #2

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 9.801

I don't really have a particular song because I don't really do covers like I used to. But I do have a goal to finish a few projects I started this past year. If there was something on Guitar I wanted to master in 2017, it would be learning some more theory and becoming a better lead player overall - specifically fast alternate picking.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ringmar
post Jan 11 2017, 05:31 AM
Post #3

GMC:er

Member No.: 16.012

Master of Puppets. Hetfields parts.. not the Hammet solos. At speed of the original. Down picking where hetfield does (no cheating with alternate picking.)

Ugh. I'm at about 82% of the original speed right now after I get warmed up. Perserverance will be required. I'm 46 and my hands aren't as quick as you young folk.

This post has been edited by ringmar: Jan 11 2017, 05:32 AM

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 07:58 AM