Sensible Jones
post Feb 4 2017, 05:02 PM
Post #21

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 6.517

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 2 2017, 07:17 PM) *
Now youre talking smile.gif That is serious hair!!!

It was indeed!! I was going out with a Hairdresser at the time so at least that saved me a lot of money on dye!!!
laugh.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Feb 4 2017, 09:18 PM
Post #22

Learning Guitar Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 13.839

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 3 2017, 03:06 PM) *
Good point! It looks fun but under the lights it would probably cook you alive, especially in Georgia. I usually just wore jeans and T shirt. Not exactly breaking ground, but gigging is almost like construction work imho. Lots of moving heavy things and building your rigs/drums, then wait, one hour of fun (playing/lunch at site)

So construction attire worked smile.gif

Jeans and a t-shirt was my attire as well, but modified and finished with a pair of snakeskin cowboy boots. laugh.gif This thread got me pouring through old pictures today. Here are some more shots. biggrin.gif Lots of great memories!

The first 3 shots are from The Day on the Green at the Parkstrip in Anchorage AK.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

The next 3 where taken at the North stage of Chilkoot Charlies (Or simply "Koots") in Anchorage AK. At the time, the North stage is where you wanted to play because that is where Sal had his PA set up and was running the console. He was arguably the best guy in the state to have for live performances back then.
http://www.koots.com/
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

And of the last 2. The first was taken at the Alaska State Fair in Palmer, AK. And the second, on the deck of the Mat-Su Resort on Wasilla lake in Wasilla AK.
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Feb 4 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #23

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

The Stone Washed, ripped up Jeans are a true 80's classic to be sure smile.gif But you said these were from the 90's? I must say they could all pass for mid/late 80's band pix. I should have moved to alaska in the 90s it seems smile.gif I just despised the grunge fashion thing that happened in the 90s. sad.gif The true low point was watching Warrant wear lumberjack shirts.

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 4 2017, 04:18 PM) *
Jeans and a t-shirt was my attire as well, but modified and finished with a pair of snakeskin cowboy boots. laugh.gif This thread got me pouring through old pictures today. Here are some more shots. biggrin.gif Lots of great memories!

The first 3 shots are from The Day on the Green at the Parkstrip in Anchorage AK.
Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Feb 5 2017, 12:14 AM
Post #24

Learning Guitar Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 13.839

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 4 2017, 01:30 PM) *
The Stone Washed, ripped up Jeans are a true 80's classic to be sure smile.gif But you said these were from the 90's? I must say they could all pass for mid/late 80's band pix. I should have moved to alaska in the 90s it seems smile.gif I just despised the grunge fashion thing that happened in the 90s. sad.gif The true low point was watching Warrant wear lumberjack shirts.

Well, Alaska lags behind the rest of the country in many aspects. Fashion trends included I guess. Or maybe it was just me. laugh.gif
Those pics from the day on the green could be from the summer of 92' I suppose, but no earlier than that.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Feb 5 2017, 12:17 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2017 - 03:06 PM