Steve Harris
Otto
Aug 3 2007, 12:04 AM
GMC:er
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UitAqLkuSFs

Good vibrations on that bass!
Makes me feel so good when I listen to music maiden have done tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 3 2007, 12:12 AM
Indeed. That song is freakin classic. But then again, every single song from their 80's albums are smile.gif
Steve Harris is in my opinion the best bass player ever.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 3 2007, 12:20 AM
Learning Tone Master
He invented the horse-gallop-bassline!!!
(you know that dum-dududum-dududum...)

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 3 2007, 05:00 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
STEVE HARRIS IS GOD!!!!!

By the way, Maiden is my favorite band, Steve is my favrite songwriter and bass player, he is an absolute amaizng musician, I love the bass work on the new album, its jus stunnning!!! And teh classics, phantom of the opera, the trooper, number of the beast, powerslave, aces high, they all are so damn good!!!!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 3 2007, 11:19 AM
Instructor
Just LOVE sound of his bass!!!
So unique smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 3 2007, 02:51 PM
Instructor
He is one of the most important metal bass players and composers.... GREAT!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 23 2007, 03:30 PM
Instructor
Steve is a great bass player !! I usually coment with one of my friends (who plays bass) that Steve is really a true bass player, because in my opinion there are a lot of bass players who have more technique but they seem a guitar players who plays the bass more than a true bass players...

(anybody understand what I'm writing? XD)

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 23 2007, 08:10 PM
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Aug 23 2007, 02:30 PM) *
Steve is a great bass player !! I usually coment with one of my friends (who plays bass) that Steve is really a true bass player, because in my opinion there are a lot of bass players who have more technique but they seem a guitar players who plays the bass more than a true bass players...

I see exactly what you mean smile.gif

Just look at Billy Sheehan. Really cool techniques and fast speed, but it gets boring after 5 minutes.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 23 2007, 08:49 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Aug 23 2007, 10:30 AM) *
but they seem a guitar players who plays the bass more than a true bass players...

Thats me when I play the bass - its a very different skill, and its hard to frame your thoughts in bass terms if you are a lead guitarist. A solid bass player is a great find smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 23 2007, 10:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 23 2007, 09:49 PM) *
Thats me when I play the bass - its a very different skill, and its hard to frame your thoughts in bass terms if you are a lead guitarist. A solid bass player is a great find smile.gif

Or listen to earlier Y.J.M's works,he played bass... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 24 2007, 04:25 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Aug 23 2007, 03:10 PM) *
I see exactly what you mean smile.gif

Just look at Billy Sheehan. Really cool techniques and fast speed, but it gets boring after 5 minutes.

I find his music very entertaining actually, his sense of melody is incredible and his solo work is awesome.

To each his own.

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 24 2007, 05:02 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 24 2007, 03:25 AM) *
I find his music very entertaining actually, his sense of melody is incredible and his solo work is awesome.

To each his own.

I havent actually heard his songs, but I'm talking about those boring 10 min shreds he does. Its really cool in small doses though.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 24 2007, 06:24 AM
Oh you mean the live videos?

Well when your there its a different experience, and it doesnt seem like 10 minutes, me and my uncle went to see him and his improv was so fun to watch smile.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 24 2007, 07:13 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 24 2007, 05:24 AM) *
Oh you mean the live videos?

Well when your there its a different experience, and it doesnt seem like 10 minutes, me and my uncle went to see him and his improv was so fun to watch smile.gif

Yes live. It's probably really awesome watching it live, but its not fun watching the same stuff on 10 different youtube videos! biggrin.gif To me everything sounds too similar. He do got some short, but really cool bass runs once in a while when he play with Steve Vai though smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:43 AM