Mertay
post Mar 23 2017, 08:28 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 18.294

https://www.elixirstrings.com/guitar-string...optiweb-coating

I'm one of those who had a problem with harmonics on how the previous strings sounded (like with distortion hitting 2 strings on lower frets at once and something unnatural was happening on the background).

Its only been around 12 hours since I started testing the new strings, won't go into detail but I didn't notice such problem. They definitly sound different right out of the box but the familiar slipperyness (specially on the wound strings) is there. Worth a try for those who doesn't like the traditional series (as they were ment for us).

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Mar 24 2017, 02:32 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

I"m not sure what you are talking about in terms of harmonics, but if you like these new strings then bingo! Keep em!! smile.gif Takes a while to find strings sometimes that feel right. I tried em all before settling on super slinkys and I still try various sets smile.gif I had ot make my own set for an 8 string based on sets from two different vendors.

Todd

QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 23 2017, 03:28 PM) *
https://www.elixirstrings.com/guitar-string...optiweb-coating

I'm one of those who had a problem with harmonics on how the previous strings sounded (like with distortion hitting 2 strings on lower frets at once and something unnatural was happening on the background).

Its only been around 12 hours since I started testing the new strings, won't go into detail but I didn't notice such problem. They definitly sound different right out of the box but the familiar slipperyness (specially on the wound strings) is there. Worth a try for those who doesn't like the traditional series (as they were ment for us).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Mar 24 2017, 09:28 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Well I'm hoping to like it as summers where I live is very hot and my hands sweat more, I almost change strings 2x more than usual smile.gif

I too tested many a few years back and settled with Fender steels, as they are very magnetic I wasn't optimistic with new elixirs but first impression isn't bad at all smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
post Mar 25 2017, 04:01 AM
Post #4

Experienced Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 11.529

I've tried Polyweb and Nanoweb. Optiweb must be new? My problem is string squeaking. Polyweb helps, but they definitely hurt harmonics. Nanoweb has better harmonics, but didn't seem to have enough coating to help with my squeaking problem. I've also tried DR coated strings and had better luck with those, so if you haven't already, you should try those. I'll give Optiweb a try.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Mar 25 2017, 02:14 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Mar 25 2017, 03:01 AM) *
I've tried Polyweb and Nanoweb. Optiweb must be new? My problem is string squeaking. Polyweb helps, but they definitely hurt harmonics. Nanoweb has better harmonics, but didn't seem to have enough coating to help with my squeaking problem. I've also tried DR coated strings and had better luck with those, so if you haven't already, you should try those. I'll give Optiweb a try.

Could you try explaining what squeaking means?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 06:49 PM