> Loop Question
Mertay
post Mar 26 2017, 06:17 PM
Post #21

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 18.294

Cool, I'm glad it wasn't about the processors.

Not only about creative fx but stereo reverb+delay to me is always easier to work with, when needed you can dial more without the guitar disappearing or turning muddy easily.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Mar 26 2017, 09:46 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

So you are coming out of the headphone jack and splitting the signal in to two channels going in to the scarlet right? If so then bam you've got Stereo smile.gif Whatever is in the fx loop is still mono of course, as it's got a mono return from what I think I"ve read so far? But the atomic will be in stereo if I understand correctly. Congrats smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 26 2017, 01:01 PM) *
I cracked it. I hadn't got channels 1 and 2 in my Scarlett set to stereo, just dual mono.

I tried headphone out in the GT100 and that was stereo, same with AA12 and that was stereo so it had to be the interface

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Mar 27 2017, 11:32 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

P.S. as has been pointed out to me, ATOMIC fervently claim that the hardware version of their stomp boxes are "NEXT GENERATION" though they admit they are based on Studio Devil Technology. So while it may have the same basic origin, Atomic say that it's all new and Next Gen and they have said this ever since the product came out. So I was not spot on in saying the plugin is the same thing as this is disputed by ATOMIC themselves. There is no detail or specs to go in to it, sadly, but we have to take them at their word. The good news is, either way, their pedals are AWESOME and their plugin is AWESOME no matter which one is "Next Gen" or not. You have a great pedal and I"m glad you scored it smile.gif Just wanted to correct myself.

Todd

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Mar 27 2017, 01:48 PM
Post #24

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.975

Todd buddy,

I only used the headphone out on the AA12 and the GT100 to find out link in the chain wasn't giving stereo. I've got guitar going into AA input then I've done AA send (mono) to GT100 input and gt100 left/right out to left/right return of AA12.

It's working fine now smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 26 2017, 08:46 PM) *
So you are coming out of the headphone jack and splitting the signal in to two channels going in to the scarlet right? If so then bam you've got Stereo smile.gif Whatever is in the fx loop is still mono of course, as it's got a mono return from what I think I"ve read so far? But the atomic will be in stereo if I understand correctly. Congrats smile.gif

Todd

No worries, it's all good to know smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 27 2017, 10:32 AM) *
P.S. as has been pointed out to me, ATOMIC fervently claim that the hardware version of their stomp boxes are "NEXT GENERATION" though they admit they are based on Studio Devil Technology. So while it may have the same basic origin, Atomic say that it's all new and Next Gen and they have said this ever since the product came out. So I was not spot on in saying the plugin is the same thing as this is disputed by ATOMIC themselves. There is no detail or specs to go in to it, sadly, but we have to take them at their word. The good news is, either way, their pedals are AWESOME and their plugin is AWESOME no matter which one is "Next Gen" or not. You have a great pedal and I"m glad you scored it smile.gif Just wanted to correct myself.

Todd

I'm finding it all very very interesting but I must try hard to stop it taking over from my hands on practice wink.gif

Cheers

QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 26 2017, 05:17 PM) *
Cool, I'm glad it wasn't about the processors.

Not only about creative fx but stereo reverb+delay to me is always easier to work with, when needed you can dial more without the guitar disappearing or turning muddy easily.

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Mar 29 2017, 07:25 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Great to hear that there is a stereo return on the AA!!! smile.gif Glad it's working smile.gif

Todd

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Mar 29 2017, 08:55 PM
Post #26

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.975

It's a brilliant piece of kit. I didn't realise how good it was until last night and I went purely through the GT100 for the first time since having the AA.

Sometimes you don't really appreciate how good something is until you go back to what you had before. Fully recommended smile.gif

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2017 - 05:45 PM