> New Blade Runner Movie?
Todd Simpson
post May 9 2017, 11:29 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

This better not suck!!!! The original film is a part of Movie History/legend. Still studied to this day in film schools all over the world. It was decades ahead of it's time and was not a commercial success when it came out. This new one better be good!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
verciazghra
post May 10 2017, 12:08 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 18.475

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 9 2017, 10:29 PM) *
This better not suck!!!! The original film is a part of Movie History/legend. Still studied to this day in film schools all over the world. It was decades ahead of it's time and was not a commercial success when it came out. This new one better be good!

Oh god.. I'm excited and disgusted at the same time. Things of that caliber shouldn't be messed with. But then again it could be good. I don't have a lot of confidence in the ability of Ridley Scott after Prometheus either.

Gonna have to watch it I guess. Better not suck indeed!

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 10 2017, 11:45 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Ridley is one of my fave directors of all time. He's done some of my fave movies of all time. That said, he's not directing this. He's just listed as producer or exec producer or something probably just so they can have his name near it. I'm excited to see how it turns out but I will be very dissapointed if it's awful and sorta wrecks the legacy of such a brilliant film as BLADE RUNNER.

QUOTE (verciazghra @ May 9 2017, 07:08 PM) *
Oh god.. I'm excited and disgusted at the same time. Things of that caliber shouldn't be messed with. But then again it could be good. I don't have a lot of confidence in the ability of Ridley Scott after Prometheus either.

Gonna have to watch it I guess. Better not suck indeed!

--------------------

+Quote Post
verciazghra
post May 11 2017, 01:47 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 18.475

He's one of my favorites too, it's just that lately he's not lived up to his earlier creations.
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 10 2017, 10:45 PM) *
Ridley is one of my fave directors of all time. He's done some of my fave movies of all time. That said, he's not directing this. He's just listed as producer or exec producer or something probably just so they can have his name near it. I'm excited to see how it turns out but I will be very dissapointed if it's awful and sorta wrecks the legacy of such a brilliant film as BLADE RUNNER.

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 11 2017, 08:25 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

I agree, which is kind of sad sad.gif It seems the quality of his pix started to drift after Gladiator. Before that, nearly all his pix were very solid. I even liked BLACK RAIN smile.gif Many folks don't realize that was directed by him.

If the new director ruins the blade runner legacy I'll be just ill.

Also, another director I like is Luc Besson (same sorta decline imho in recent years). he directed FIFTH ELEMENT which was a flop but I LOVE That movie. And he did THE PROFESSIONAL which I also adore. Not the American cut though, it's just awful. They had to cut it way down for the states. The Cut they released in europe actually makes sense and it's killer. It's called something else in Europe. In europe it was called LEON and was natalie portmans first movie.

There is a trailer for a new pic with LUC's name on that looks spiff but, a good trailer doesn't equal a good movie. Movie could be utter crap. i hope it's not though smile.gif

QUOTE (verciazghra @ May 10 2017, 08:47 PM) *
He's one of my favorites too, it's just that lately he's not lived up to his earlier creations.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2017 - 05:52 PM