> Reworked My Workspace A Bit, ...to include my 37" monitor :D
Caelumamittendum
post May 17 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #21

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.298

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 17 2017, 07:08 PM) *
Then you could also experiment with cleartype text, again in the display menu.

Tried, but it's not perfect. I'm wondering if it's all down to just being "virtal super resolution" and a new monitor/TV would be the solution. 40" true UHD one is not that expensive anymore.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 17 2017, 08:55 PM
Post #22

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

True smile.gif Just keep in mine that UHD is great for certain things, but makes your timeline, your daw and other programs seem kinda small and hard to read. You could use it as your video output monitor for video editing? E.G. PUt your timeline on your 37 and put the timeline output to your UHD but that really only makes sense if you are shooting in 4k which you are not, as far as I know. Unless you have a 4k workflow, it's mostly a novelty for watching 4k youtube vids which you can do using your fake 4k video card. In terms of your production in audio/video, 4k may seem tempting, but it's a stretch in terms of practicality imho. Unless you plan on buying a 4k camera to shoot vids with and thus need a 4k monitor to view them on smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ May 17 2017, 01:14 PM) *
Tried, but it's not perfect. I'm wondering if it's all down to just being "virtal super resolution" and a new monitor/TV would be the solution. 40" true UHD one is not that expensive anymore.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post May 17 2017, 09:40 PM
Post #23

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.298

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 17 2017, 09:55 PM) *
True smile.gif Just keep in mine that UHD is great for certain things, but makes your timeline, your daw and other programs seem kinda small and hard to read. You could use it as your video output monitor for video editing? E.G. PUt your timeline on your 37 and put the timeline output to your UHD but that really only makes sense if you are shooting in 4k which you are not, as far as I know. Unless you have a 4k workflow, it's mostly a novelty for watching 4k youtube vids which you can do using your fake 4k video card. In terms of your production in audio/video, 4k may seem tempting, but it's a stretch in terms of practicality imho. Unless you plan on buying a 4k camera to shoot vids with and thus need a 4k monitor to view them on smile.gif

Honestly, having a heck load of tracks, it's nice to be able to see a lot of them without having to scroll, which it seems I have to even in 1080p. I like the idea of UHD for production etc. We'll see. I'll play a bit with the thought.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2017 - 07:54 AM