+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Jun 1 2017, 09:52 AM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 17.069

Remember the days (mainly 80's and early 90's) when boss was literally ruling the world at the field of fx devices? smile.gif They have to fight now and prepare something new because the world has changed a lot and the competition doesn't sleep. I wonder if they can fight back strongly enough to cut through again. I can't speak in the name of all, but at least within players I know boss is rather "nay" these days

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Jun 1 2017, 10:12 AM
Post #3

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 18.294

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jun 1 2017, 08:52 AM) *
Remember the days (mainly 80's and early 90's) when boss was literally ruling the world at the field of fx devices? smile.gif They have to fight now and prepare something new because the world has changed a lot and the competition doesn't sleep. I wonder if they can fight back strongly enough to cut through again. I can't speak in the name of all, but at least within players I know boss is rather "nay" these days

I agree they aren't making the best of anything these days, seems they placed their bets more on innovative approaches but the guitar community is very traditionalist in some ways...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Jun 1 2017, 10:14 AM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 17.069

Yep that's well said. Anytime someone wants to cut through with a new designs etc it seems like all say "what for" smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Jun 1 2017, 10:21 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

So this is a small pedal switcher that has 112 FX in it. Not bad if the price is right, one can connect drive pedals to this and use the modulation fx inside it (which is how I like to use processors).

I did play with the current blues cube hot amp, wasn't bad at all but when compared in a store next to traditional amps one feels there's still room for improvement. Not sure if these will have the success similar to katana.

PS; Leaked info is they will release a waza slow-gear pedal.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jun 1 2017, 10:32 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Jun 2 2017, 12:43 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

This guy makes great demo's;

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
post Jun 2 2017, 04:35 PM
Post #7

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.304

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jun 1 2017, 01:52 AM) *

Out here it's the opposite. Almost everybody has at least one Boss pedal on their board. Either a tuner (still one of the best), the Vibrato pedal, a Delay, the Harmonist, an EQ, a Blues Driver or a DS1.
The standout things about Boss pedals is that 1) they rarely ever break or fail and 2) their buffering is really good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jun 2 2017, 05:24 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

For folks that have pedals that they love and want to keep in their setup, even if they have a kemper or what not, this is a GREAT option. It's fully programmable so you can have a program for each set of loops that you want. Very handy. No more disco dance on the pedal board! smile.gif
Attached Image

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 31 2017, 11:45 AM) *

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Jun 23 2017, 04:55 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

smile.gif

They also released a mod and reverb processors similar to the dd500

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Jun 23 2017, 08:30 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

These seem very good

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jun 24 2017, 06:02 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

I also have to agree. It seems they took a five year lead and squandered it. They are still relying on the same COSM algos that they have been using forever and they don't sound any better now than they did then imho. Granted boss does some things really well. Still, if they don't start to innovate a bit more, I can see them shrinking a good bit as a company. Maybe they will buy kemper smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jun 1 2017, 04:52 AM) *

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Jun 24 2017, 09:26 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 24 2017, 05:02 AM) *

The spec.s on these newer pedals might give hint on their upcoming processor range (probably be introduced at winter namm).

32-bit ad/da is pretty extreme even for studio standards, in theory it makes 194Db of dynamic range ohmy.gif not sure if they'll use these converters on a processor though.

But 96khz sample rate and 32-bit floating point is realistic and probably that chip will end-up in the new GT series. Sure such processor won't do the insane stuff these can but should make quite a difference compared to their current line of processors.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
post Jun 24 2017, 02:40 PM
Post #13

Experienced Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 11.529

The RV500 and MD500 are really nice, but nobody is going to confuse Boss with TC, Digitech, or Strymon smile.gif. IMHO, Boss makes solid reliable pedals, and that's why they're popular, not because they do anything particularly innovative like those other companies do.

This post has been edited by Rammikin: Jun 24 2017, 02:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Jun 29 2017, 12:05 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Since the Waza pedals I haven't noticed so much talk on their products, this got a lot of attention.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jun 29 2017, 07:14 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Its cool that it's a stand alone processor and also a programmable fx loop switcher. So if you want to patch a bunch of pedals in to your configuration, you can smile.gif Then you can have another patch that changes the order of the pedals and turns some off, etc.

I think it's the best thing they have come out with in years. Also works with their existing pedal line. So if someone has a wad of pedals, they can tie them all together with this and combine it with the internal effects..

That's really what makes this cool. It's a programmable fx switcher with built in fx. So it can work solo or in combo with your fave pedals. smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jun 28 2017, 07:05 PM) *

Since the Waza pedals I haven't noticed so much talk on their products, this got a lot of attention.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 05:35 AM