Ngd - Thunderbird
HaveGuitar
Jun 27 2017, 07:43 PM
GMC:er
Hi!

So, will you kill me for posting about a bass here? rolleyes.gif To be honest I haven't had a good bass ever. I have a Samick, bought in the 90's that sounded good alone but always stood out in the mix and I never got around to switch the pups. Then I got a Squier Jazz Bass - thought I'd like it as I have a friend who owns a Fender Jazz Bass but they weren't even close. Changed pickup but still didn't do it for me so I traded it for 5-string Ibanez. 5-strings, I thought, that gotta be cool as h*ll in heavy tunes! Well, maybe it is and I don't know if it's me who don't know how to do it or if it's the bass but the 5th string sound like crap... whatever I play it just goes 'mumblerumblemumble'.

So, I got a really good rig pack from a my friend Time at LRP - it's profiles from a Trace Eliott amp - got inspired and started looking at Harley Benton basses. And they have a Thunderbird model but after watching some reviews where they kinda pointed to the Epiphone Thunderbird I ordered one.

Great? No. I ordered the cheapest model, which is OK but not as good as the classic IV Pro. *sigs* So I contacted them (gear4music) and we arranged it so now an alpine white T-bird is on it's way. biggrin.gif

Any other T-bird/F-bird lovers here?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 27 2017, 11:38 PM
I really like that shape in the guitar world, looks good on bass too. As much as I'm near clueless on bass guitar, I'd definitly have one instead of dealing with vsti's.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 28 2017, 01:39 AM
Super Congrats! Looks killer! Give us a bit of a demo!

+Quote Post
HaveGuitar
Jun 28 2017, 12:39 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jun 27 2017, 10:38 PM) *
I really like that shape in the guitar world, looks good on bass too. As much as I'm near clueless on bass guitar, I'd definitly have one instead of dealing with vsti's.

I'm not that good on bass but it's nice to have a good quality bass around whenever the need arises... might start playing more bass if it's as good as they claim!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 28 2017, 12:39 AM) *
Super Congrats! Looks killer! Give us a bit of a demo!

Thanks! Will put in a link to the videoonce it's done!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 28 2017, 01:50 PM
I had an Epi Thunderbird (Sunburst) for quite a while until it was stolen. I played it through a Trace Elliot GP7 Combo. Awesome bottom end punch!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Jun 28 2017, 01:50 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
HaveGuitar
Jun 29 2017, 11:52 AM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jun 28 2017, 12:50 PM) *
I had an Epi Thunderbird (Sunburst) for quite a while until it was stolen. I played it through a Trace Elliot GP7 Combo. Awesome bottom end punch!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Oh, too bad to hear that!! The sunbursts looks really nice too, now I like the white version but that was they had left in stock. Not sure what I would have picked if I had the option to chose.

--------------------

+Quote Post
HaveGuitar
Jul 7 2017, 05:57 AM
No review yet, need to play more but so far I'm more than pleased with this purchase. don't think I have played base this easy play before. Well, did publish an unboxning video if anyone wants see me tear through the package, it's enclosed here smile.gif If you wanna skip to where I pull out the Thunderbird skip to around 5 min's into the video:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 7 2017, 02:51 PM
Nice video! That does look really nice in White too!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
HaveGuitar
Jul 8 2017, 02:51 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 7 2017, 01:51 PM) *
Nice video! That does look really nice in White too!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks! I was... and am really impressed with both the finish and playability.

...and it feed my old GAS for a Firebird as well... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
HaveGuitar
Jul 26 2017, 09:52 PM
So, here's my video review of the Epiphone Classic IV Pro Thunderbird... not yet officially released on my channel so this an "exclusive" preview for you GMC guys. I will schedule the videos release duribg this weekend abd once that's done it wont be viewable until officially release... hope you'll like it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 26 2017, 10:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
cool bass smile.gif you've got a good channel. Ive watched a bunch of your vids especially the Kemper stuff. I struggle sometimes knowing what to tweak with profiles so its been helpful when you've mentioned the tweaks you make to profiles on the vids.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
HaveGuitar
Jul 27 2017, 10:09 AM
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 26 2017, 09:47 PM) *
cool bass smile.gif you've got a good channel. Ive watched a bunch of your vids especially the Kemper stuff. I struggle sometimes knowing what to tweak with profiles so its been helpful when you've mentioned the tweaks you make to profiles on the vids.

Thanks! I have seen quite a few vids where they obviously have customized the demoed profiles without any mention on what they've done... hapoy to hear its appriciated!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:41 PM