Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For A Bit Of Fun
Phil66
post Jul 9 2017, 09:11 PM
Post #1

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.975

For a bit of fun, I've bought one of these. I had it on Friday but this weekend has been hectic so only had a little play this evening. It's actually quite good; for me it's great. I want to learn more about song creation, I don't even know which chords are in any given key, this will now force me to go and look them up in order to play a rhythm for it to learn. You can create 5 sections and make them into a song by linking them how you want. eg, 1,1,2,1,1,3,2,1,1,2

There are a couple of many videos at the bottom if you're interested in some fun. The styles are created by BIAB.

I know it wouldn't be any good for serious music creation but for improvisation practise and some chilling out fun it will be great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKwqg0U7ZLU&t=1590s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0VXRK2JGkQ

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 9 2017, 09:12 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Jul 10 2017, 05:57 PM
Post #2

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 18.294

I actually see a lot of potential for such products, its to me more of a looper/drum machine evolution. One can even potentially earn money with this on street performance.

It also looks fun, do mention your experiences once you feel comfortable with the unit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Jul 10 2017, 07:52 PM
Post #3

Thanks Mertay,

I will, I'm going to use it for the last 20 minutes or so of my practise time. I'll just come up with a simple chord progression, let it work out a backing and I'll then record my improv into Reaper and play it back to analyse wink.gif

I don't know if it will work with power chords, I know it recognises major and minor chords though.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jul 10 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Very spiff! These are really cool for just sitting down and jamming. Same reason to have a practice amp. Leave the guitar plugged in, just turn it on and play. Hit the footswitch and you have automatic accompaniment to jam with. smile.gif

Todd

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Jul 11 2017, 09:13 PM
Post #5

So far, all I'll say is GET ONE. It's the best bit of "End of practise" fun I've had! I'm not even using the looper, I just play a few chords, let it work a backing out, select one of the 12 styles within the genre and just JAM.

If it comes up with something a bit tricky for me to recognise the chord changes I just record a loop playing the root notes to give me a hint.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 12 2017, 04:28 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jul 11 2017, 09:22 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Congrats!! You have found the "FUN"!!! That's crucial IMHO. Once you find it, practice stops being tedious and becomes a joy. If practice is a chore, one tends to do it less. Sometimes it's a new bit of kit, new axe, new song, etc. It can be anything. But it's the key! Once you find it, let it fly! Enjoy yourself smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 11 2017, 04:13 PM) *
So far, all I'll say is GET ONE. It's the best bit of "End of practise" fun I've had! I'm not even using the looper, I just play a few chords, let it work a backing out, select one of the 12 styles within the genre and just JAM.

If it comes up with something a bit tricky for me to recognise the chord changes I just record a loop playing the root notes to give me a hint.

Last night, I learned something, read the update part on THIS post in my mentoring thread. It may be mundane and fundamental to you but to me it was a revelation!!!!!!! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 10:17 AM