Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Audio Interface Day
PosterBoy
post Jul 11 2017, 04:46 PM
Post #1

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.225

So I finally got around to replacing my old M Audio Fast Track Pro with a broken headphone socket.

I bought the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen and I was just expecting a working headphone jack to be the main difference between the two, but Holy Crap there is a huge difference in audio quality, so much more clarity. I've never heard the differences in those mixing videos when they bypass some eq tweaks and I think it was my crappy interface and not my ears at fault!!!!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

PosterBoy's Bootcamp with Todd

Gear
Ibanez Rg770FM
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335
Axe Fx Ultra - GCP Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Jul 11 2017, 07:15 PM
Post #2

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.975

Congrats, I've got the 1st gen 18i8 and I love it. Be sure to use the Scarlett control though. Especially if you're wanting to record stereo wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jul 11 2017, 07:47 PM
Post #3

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Congrats! That's a nice interface with quality bits inside which makes all the difference. The Fast Track is a great way to get started in recording without breaking the bank but the the Focusrite is just a far superior unit all around IMHO and not crazy pricey. Fine choice smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jul 11 2017, 11:46 AM) *
So I finally got around to replacing my old M Audio Fast Track Pro with a broken headphone socket.

I bought the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen and I was just expecting a working headphone jack to be the main difference between the two, but Holy Crap there is a huge difference in audio quality, so much more clarity. I've never heard the differences in those mixing videos when they bypass some eq tweaks and I think it was my crappy interface and not my ears at fault!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 07:59 AM