Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Low Tuning An Sg
bleez
post Jul 25 2017, 10:05 PM
Post #21

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.292

yeah maybe the strings were needing stretched. I played it for a couple of hours and retuned ( and retuned and retuned.... ) but I didnt actually stretch them out. I wont be restringing it until the end of the week so I'll make sure the strings have been well stretched and I can give it another go at drop A before committing it to drop C.
TBF drop A is pretty low cool.gif I always thought it was just standard C with the bottom string dropped but I was wrong, the tuning I was using was AEADF#B so its a touch lower than I thought it would be initially.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Jul 26 2017, 05:43 PM
Post #22

Learning Guitar Hero

Member No.: 13.839

QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 25 2017, 01:05 PM) *
TBF drop A is pretty low cool.gif I always thought it was just standard C with the bottom string dropped but I was wrong, the tuning I was using was AEADF#B so its a touch lower than I thought it would be initially.

Yeah those are some low tones for sure. Perhaps it is a 7 that would be much better suited for that kind of down and dirty tuning as Mertay suggested. Don't fear the GAS! ph34r.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Jul 26 2017, 10:22 PM
Post #23

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 19.975

For good money you can get a guitar like my "Bob". It's a PRS Custom 24 7 string and is lovely info here PRS mine is in the transparent blue flame maple. You may remember me posting it. It's what I played on the last creativity workshop and Gab thought it sounded like Rob Zombie smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 27 2017, 04:02 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jul 27 2017, 02:06 PM
Post #24

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Thats a KILLER guitar for the price and it can go low without the need for down tuning. That's what is so great about 7 string guitars. They are already set to play low B without any need to tune down. I love my 7 for that very reason and you can run your scales down another string smile.gif If you can't make it sound heavy with a LOW B, you are doing something wrong.
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 26 2017, 05:22 PM) *
For good money you can get a guitar like my "Bob". It's a PRS Custom 24 7 string and is lovelyPRS mine is in the transparent blue flame maple. You may remember me posting it. It's what I played on the last creativity workshop and Gab thought it sounded like Rob Zombie smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
post Jul 27 2017, 07:53 PM
Post #25

Experienced Tone Seeker

Member No.: 14.292

Id def get a 7 biggrin.gif or a baritone. Ive looked at both recently rolleyes.gif There's a couple of songs I was hoping to try and learn which are in drop A (played on a 6) which really prompted my experiment. I dont want to rush into buying a guitar for it just yet but..... y'know we'll see biggrin.gif
Im going to try again at drop A and see how the SG holds up, if it doesn't then I'll put on 11s and run with drop C.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2017 - 05:31 AM