Vonhotch Still The Best Picks Imho :)
Todd Simpson
Jul 29 2017, 08:27 AM
GMC:er
Facebook made a "Bromance" vid for me and VonHotch as we have been FB pals for a few years now. I still LOVE his picks more than any others I've tried. If you have not tried one, you owe it to yourself to contact von and get one!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 29 2017, 05:20 PM
How are they in terms of durability/keeping a nice edge? Assuming you shred the string with them them 3-5h every day.
I have dug through out a pack of Jazz III JPs in 5 months they are almost perfect circles. And was thinking on searching new stuff in the market.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 30 2017, 07:22 AM
BRILLIANT. I've had my prototype pick for four years and it's got the same edge as it did on day 1.

Aircraft Grade Materials certainly help smile.gif Once he shapes it, it's permanent. Not like plastic which wears down. It's stronger than what it is striking, the string, so it keeps it's shape. That's what I love about them. I used to have to take a knife and sharpen my picks. I don't have to do that anymore smile.gif Which is killer.

I gave up on Jazz III picks a long time ago due to the material simply being to weak for how I play. I palm mute a LOT and dig in hard when I do it. So I end up wrecking every jazz pick I've ever touched. The V Picks held up better as they are made from more durable material. However, they are a bit chirpy depending on pick angle so it throws some folks off. The Von picks don't suffer either of those faults imho. The tone varies depending on thickness and material used. Slight variation. But even the thinnest von pick has ZERO flex so they are like a Scalpel. Precise as hell. smile.gif

Each Von pick is "made to measure" by hand. I like my sig pick octavious, but some folks prefer the GABE sig. It really comes down to preference smile.gif Here are some von picks with other familiar picks for size reference.

Attached Image

Todd

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jul 29 2017, 12:20 PM) *
How are they in terms of durability/keeping a nice edge? Assuming you shred the string with them them 3-5h every day.
I have dug through out a pack of Jazz III JPs in 5 months they are almost perfect circles. And was thinking on searching new stuff in the market.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 30 2017, 07:26 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:45 PM