Mertay
post Sep 12 2017, 08:59 AM
Post #21

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 18.294

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 12 2017, 12:56 AM) *

Odd, I can only see the video from your reply? tongue.gif here is the direct link; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7pKokFeEGw

We don't have horizon here sad.gif price point really depends on who distributes, for example strymons aren't too badly priced here but they're out of my budget. Another example is t-rex pedals are actually cheaper here than USA, I also remember buying my ibanez clean boost the same price as USA...saw a friedman be-od at a store, there is no distributor of that brand here so the store owner got 1-2 onine for his customers (was insanely high priced).

So I always have to do my homework, checking/comparing prices from US websites to get the best for my money. Lucky for me I have friends at 2 major stores and distributors here (which I can get discount if I pay cash) so big brands like boss, mxr, ehx are covered among a few more.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Sep 12 2017, 09:00 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Sep 12 2017, 04:18 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

The Misha pedals are built by MXR so anyone that carries MXR should be able to get them smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Sep 12 2017, 03:59 AM) *
Odd, I can only see the video from your reply? tongue.gif here is the direct link; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7pKokFeEGw

We don't have horizon here sad.gif price point really depends on who distributes, for example strymons aren't too badly priced here but they're out of my budget. Another example is t-rex pedals are actually cheaper here than USA, I also remember buying my ibanez clean boost the same price as USA...saw a friedman be-od at a store, there is no distributor of that brand here so the store owner got 1-2 onine for his customers (was insanely high priced).

So I always have to do my homework, checking/comparing prices from US websites to get the best for my money. Lucky for me I have friends at 2 major stores and distributors here (which I can get discount if I pay cash) so big brands like boss, mxr, ehx are covered among a few more.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Sep 12 2017, 11:21 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 12 2017, 03:18 PM) *
The Misha pedals are built by MXR so anyone that carries MXR should be able to get them smile.gif

Ah then probably its because its new I didn't see it yet here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Sep 14 2017, 08:13 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

It's very new. Ask your local stores if they are going to carry them. Since it's an MXR product, it should be available in their distribution chain which is great!! They are boutique designed but built by mxr so you don't have to wait 3 months per pedal smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Sep 12 2017, 06:21 PM) *
Ah then probably its because its new I didn't see it yet here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Dec 17 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Ok so I finally tried one with a mesa smile.gif

BD-2 side; Its been a while since I played one but didn't feel any different from the regular one. Maybe they might have tweaked the tone knob to be a tiny bit smoother, I remember the bd-2 can get a bit harsh on extreme settings but this was simply bright. Might be because the amp but hard to say without comparing side-by-side.

AC side; Instand Andy timmons tone(s) when used on the clean channel of a Mesa, simple as that smile.gif also as a booster, first time I felt a Mesa V's 3rd channel actually sound like petrucci solo tone. It sounds a bit darker than the bd-2 side cause can acheve all the distortion needed.

They compliment each other excellent. On a clean amp, use the bd-2 with low gain for slight breakup then go for the AC for your solo tone. The tone knobs are engineered excellent, the pedal overall has this album-ready balance and really easy to find a sweetspot. Maybe only downside is both sides have almost no bass but this was to be expected for me.

I was also expecting the other modes (boosting each other or parallel) to change the character of the pedal but that didn't happen. Like, parallel settings didn't bring out an OCD tone or something like that. Boost modes are nice, it can get shreddy if needed but the parallel wasn't as good as I expected. It was harder to adjust parallel mode, maybe I needed more time.

Its priced high but my experience was very positive, one can get/depend all his/her tone needs from that one pedal if needed. Hard to say if its worth the price but if I demo'd it at a store in a limited time+noisey environment, I probably would be so positive cause it takes a while to have an idea how one can use it in his chain so my advice is avoiding such limitations when trying.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Dec 18 2017, 10:01 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

Yeah, they seem like a solid pedal with a good amount of flexibility in tone and it doesn't hurt that it's got a pinch of boutique flavor thrown in there for good measure. To bad it bumps the price up, but such is life when you get near boutique world eh? Maybe buying one of these used would be a better idea if one were going to buy one. At least the new car smell would be worn off so that one could get a bit better price on the unit. But yeah, they seem cool smile.gif If pricey.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Dec 18 2017, 10:57 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 18 2017, 09:01 AM) *
Yeah, they seem like a solid pedal with a good amount of flexibility in tone and it doesn't hurt that it's got a pinch of boutique flavor thrown in there for good measure. To bad it bumps the price up, but such is life when you get near boutique world eh? Maybe buying one of these used would be a better idea if one were going to buy one. At least the new car smell would be worn off so that one could get a bit better price on the unit. But yeah, they seem cool smile.gif If pricey.

I'd guess finding one wouldn't be easy used.

I currently have 3 drive pedals from very low-gain to shred, this alone (in theory) can replace all of them. But also say if I would buy this and not like (for example) AC, it wouldn't make much sense to sell it just to get a bd-2 pedal...

Also I guess it was my first boutiqe pedal experience smile.gif More than anything the tone knob and how well+easy it sit in a mix impressed me, atleast with the mesa. Like you, I'm a tweaker too but if one doesn't have the time or experience, for such the price is more worth it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Feb 15 2018, 05:46 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue...p;v=wMlr9zt-eCg

So this video caused JHS owner to get angry and somehow both Keeley and Wampler got involved etc. etc. I didn't care enough to read in detail smile.gif

it just made me laugh at the end of the video about the guy getting curious if the boss version was better priced biggrin.gif

PS; Mooer comparison in video

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2018 - 08:59 AM