More Bad News About My Other Dog :(
Todd Simpson
Oct 12 2017, 05:17 PM
GMC:er
I have had Schatzi, an American Eskimo for 15 years. He's gone blind in both eyes and has a large tumor on his side that has started causing him constant pain. Watching him suffer has been horrible. I've been giving him all the doggy pain pills I can get my hands on. You can hear the pain in his bark which ends with a squeal/whimper. It's just heart breaking. I've loved this dog for more than a decade and I can't watch him hurt anymore. After the last Vet visit looked at me like I was crazy for asking how we could save a 15 year old dog, I've just been trying to keep him comfortable. I finally decided to take him to have him put to sleep today. It was not easy and I have not been able to sleep. Feels like killing a brother.

It's not fair. It's not right. Make me really angry with the universe in general.

Here is a picture of him in happier times. When he ran like the wind, and played like there was no tomorrow. This was only a couple of years ago. They go downhill so fast. It's just brutal.

Attached Image

I say goodbye to him at 3pm today. I must admit it's killing me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 12 2017, 06:02 PM
2 loses in such short time isn't fair, stay strong sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 12 2017, 06:03 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Really sorry to hear about this, Todd. Stay strong man. You have done all you could do and eventually and unfortunately the time comes when we must let go and end the suffering.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Oct 12 2017, 06:35 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I too lost two pets at the same time a couple of years ago. I still can't bring myself to get a new pet for fear of having to go through that pain again. But I know it's wrong to give in to that fear. My father had a strategy to deal with this once: he got a parrot. They live for 100 years. After two years it got sick and died. Like you say, it's not fair or right and it makes you question the universe.

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 12 2017, 06:38 PM
Learning Roadie
outch....

Sorry to hear that !!!!

How about you ?

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 12 2017, 06:53 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
So sorry to hear that Todd, stay strong buddy. 15 is a grand age and I'm sure you gave him and China a grand life.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 12 2017, 08:02 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
sorry todd. I had a similar thing a couple of months ago, it sucks balls. you have my sympathies.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 13 2017, 01:37 AM
Oy!
Sorry Todd.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 13 2017, 01:50 AM
Very true. We can only do what we can do. Then we have to act out of love and mercy. No matter how bad it hurts.

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Oct 12 2017, 01:03 PM) *
Really sorry to hear about this, Todd. Stay strong man. You have done all you could do and eventually and unfortunately the time comes when we must let go and end the suffering.

So close together. That's the worst part. Once the first one was gone, the second seemed to fade really fast. I think he knew his sister pet was gone forever.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 12 2017, 01:02 PM) *
2 loses in such short time isn't fair, stay strong sad.gif

I can understand the Parrot idea. So sad that he lost it only after 2 years. You just can't beat fate. Thus the unfair, questioning the universe. In the end we just have to push forward somehow. still working on somehow. Didn't realize how bonded I was to Schatzi until after he was gone. Miss him.

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Oct 12 2017, 01:35 PM) *
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I too lost two pets at the same time a couple of years ago. I still can't bring myself to get a new pet for fear of having to go through that pain again. But I know it's wrong to give in to that fear. My father had a strategy to deal with this once: he got a parrot. They live for 100 years. After two years it got sick and died. Like you say, it's not fair or right and it makes you question the universe.

Had to do it but I feel like I shot my own brother. It's kinda awful.

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Oct 12 2017, 01:38 PM) *
outch....

Sorry to hear that !!!!

How about you ?

Cheers

Laurent

He had a great life. HUGE yard for most of his life. Loved by everyone. Happiest dog you ever saw. Playing in Doggie Heaven. With his sister dog China. smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 12 2017, 01:53 PM) *
So sorry to hear that Todd, stay strong buddy. 15 is a grand age and I'm sure you gave him and China a grand life.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I know your pain. It's far worse that I thought it would be. Thanks for your thoughts.

QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 12 2017, 03:02 PM) *
sorry todd. I had a similar thing a couple of months ago, it sucks balls. you have my sympathies.

Thanks much. It had to be done. But it didn't make it easier.

QUOTE (klasaine @ Oct 12 2017, 08:37 PM) *
Oy!
Sorry Todd.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Oct 13 2017, 02:23 AM
I feel your pain. After my dog BoBo died I found this picture, BoBo in the lower left corner, watching a sunset.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by fkalich: Oct 13 2017, 02:27 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 13 2017, 05:49 PM
Beautiful picture. Schatzi loved sunsets too. I am sorry for your loss. Non pet people seem to have no idea whatsoever what it's like to lose a loved pet. Only folks who have had pets become family seem to know. The grief is awful. I'm happy he is no longer in pain. No longer suffering. I hope he's somewhere green and spacious, where there are limitless numbers of tennis balls to chase around and other dogs to play with. If there is any mercy or justice in the universe, that's where all loved pets go.

QUOTE (fkalich @ Oct 12 2017, 09:23 PM) *
I feel your pain. After my dog BoBo died I found this picture, BoBo in the lower left corner, watching a sunset.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 13 2017, 05:50 PM

+Quote Post
fkalich
Oct 14 2017, 02:39 AM
My BoBo is in the back yard, with 5 cats and a chipmonk (long story) buried around him. They all have plants, there is a nice dog angel and cat angel monument, and some solar lights. I say hi to them, visit them often, they are still there to me, crazy as it seems.

BoBo died on a walk at the dog park, on a trail, maybe the 3,000th time, collapsed, did not even know what was happening, at least he suffered little, I carried him to my truck and he passed as I pet him.

There is this lady next to my sister, 87 years old and only has her 14 year old dog, I really am going to be sad for her, her dog is not doing well, and he is her constant companion.

As you say it is heart breaking for those that learn to love dogs, cats, other pets, to lose them, part of you dies when they die. But your dog was lucky, he had a good life. When you are ready, give another a good life, some angel from heaven is waiting for you to find him/her.

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 15 2017, 12:56 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Sorry to hear that Todd sad.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 17 2017, 07:50 PM
Very sorry for your loss. To lose soo many must have been a very hard ordeal. You are spot on, it's really hard for non pet people to "get it". It's like grieving for a family member. But we gotta grieve.

My sister got a new dog and I'm going to help her raise and train it and keep it for her now and then. It's good to see a pet that's not in pain.

Todd

QUOTE (fkalich @ Oct 13 2017, 09:39 PM) *
My BoBo is in the back yard, with 5 cats and a chipmonk (long story) buried around him. They all have plants, there is a nice dog angel and cat angel monument, and some solar lights. I say hi to them, visit them often, they are still there to me, crazy as it seems.

BoBo died on a walk at the dog park, on a trail, maybe the 3,000th time, collapsed, did not even know what was happening, at least he suffered little, I carried him to my truck and he passed as I pet him.

There is this lady next to my sister, 87 years old and only has her 14 year old dog, I really am going to be sad for her, her dog is not doing well, and he is her constant companion.

As you say it is heart breaking for those that learn to love dogs, cats, other pets, to lose them, part of you dies when they die. But your dog was lucky, he had a good life. When you are ready, give another a good life, some angel from heaven is waiting for you to find him/her.

Thanks fran smile.gif I'll miss you bud! You've been a great help over the years since I've been at GMC. I hope I get to come back at some point and add more bits to our wiki smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Fran @ Oct 15 2017, 07:56 AM) *
Sorry to hear that Todd sad.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 18 2017, 06:06 PM

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 18 2017, 06:06 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 17 2017, 08:50 PM) *
Thanks fran smile.gif I'll miss you bud! You've been a great help over the years since I've been at GMC. I hope I get to come back at some point and add more bits to our wiki smile.gif

Todd

I'll miss you too Todd, I'm sure you'll be back and rocking, no doubt about it. Think of the good times you had with your beautiful dog and what a great life you provided for him, that's all that matters.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 21 2017, 10:03 PM
GOOD NEWS! It looks like I'll be sticking around a bit longer smile.gif Also, I"m creating a new thing for students called QUICK LICKS:

Here is a link to it!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=58633

QUOTE (Fran @ Oct 18 2017, 01:06 PM) *
I'll miss you too Todd, I'm sure you'll be back and rocking, no doubt about it. Think of the good times you had with your beautiful dog and what a great life you provided for him, that's all that matters.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:50 PM