Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fave Collab? Remember This Ben Collab?, Please say HELLO if you are in this vid :)
Todd Simpson
post Oct 24 2017, 08:31 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

I got a facebook reminder today about this Ben Collab and I'd almost forgotten how cool it was. It was FOUR YEARS AGO if you can believe it, I didn't at first and had to check. Seems like not that long ago smile.gif LOVED the way this turned out and look how many folks are in it! Also, are these folks still on GMC? If you are in this video please say HELLO!!! smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
post Oct 24 2017, 08:53 PM
Post #2

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.292

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 24 2017, 08:31 PM) *
I got a facebook reminder today about this Ben Collab and I'd almost forgotten how cool it was. It was FOUR YEARS AGO if you can believe it, I didn't at first and had to check. Seems like not that long ago smile.gif LOVED the way this turned out and look how many folks are in it! Also, are these folks still on GMC? If you are in this video please say HELLO!!! smile.gif

I wasnt in that one unfortunately. It was pretty damn awesome.

I think the very first video collab I done was July 2012 ohmy.gif That's like over 5 years ago!
It was another one of Ben's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue...p;v=JZM0fKLTGHs

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 25 2017, 05:44 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

That yet another killer Ben Collab smile.gif I wish I was on that one! My FAVE ever Ben Collab is still thei HIGH RISK collab from many years ago as it was the first solo where I used wads of licks from my Lesson Series in Collab and it came out just how I wanted smile.gif

As an homage to it, I even included that first lick in the new Brit Metal collab.

QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 24 2017, 03:53 PM) *
I wasnt in that one unfortunately. It was pretty damn awesome.

I think the very first video collab I done was July 2012 ohmy.gif That's like over 5 years ago!
It was another one of Ben's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue...p;v=JZM0fKLTGHs

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
post Oct 25 2017, 06:53 AM
Post #4

Experienced Tone Seeker

Member No.: 14.292

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 25 2017, 05:44 AM) *
That yet another killer Ben Collab smile.gif I wish I was on that one! My FAVE ever Ben Collab is still thei HIGH RISK collab from many years ago as it was the first solo where I used wads of licks from my Lesson Series in Collab and it came out just how I wanted smile.gif

As an homage to it, I even included that first lick in the new Brit Metal collab.

That is some insanely awesome playing, duder ohmy.gif the tones worked great for it, sounds really cool.
I can see why its one of your faves. sick as hell biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by bleez: Oct 25 2017, 06:54 AM

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 25 2017, 07:29 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Thanks smile.gif I "Doubled" my own solo there and then changed what I was playing in the middle of some sections and panned it left/right. So sometimes it matches and some times it veers off. Worked out well smile.gif The tones were all from GUITAR RIG 4. Which I used to use exclusively for all recording. All those presets are still in the Guitar Rig Patch Thread in my forum! I stole bits from both of these solos for the most recent BRIT COLLAB! I plan on sharing some of the cool bits in upcoming QUICK LICKS sessions. The Brit Backing will work great for folks who wanna try out some of these licks in context.

Here is the BRIT solo with bits from both of these collabs.

QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 25 2017, 01:53 AM) *
That is some insanely awesome playing, duder ohmy.gif the tones worked great for it, sounds really cool.
I can see why its one of your faves. sick as hell biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 25 2017, 07:32 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
post Oct 25 2017, 06:56 PM
Post #6

Learning Tone Master

Member No.: 11.929

There were some really good and inspiring BH collabs back in those days. High Risk was my first, based on the Set the Pace lesson (which I later recorded but only audio). I think my best one (judging my own performance here) was the When Spiders Attack one, but I also remember Dragonborn as one of my personal favorites. Ben was and is inspiring in many ways, his lessons, his posts in this forum, not to mention the Tuesday video chats.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 24 2017, 07:31 PM) *
If you are in this video please say HELLO!!! smile.gif

Hello.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 26 2017, 03:25 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Agreed smile.gif I really loved all of them. Makes me a bit nostalgic smile.gif I dug his video chats as well, and I enjoyed giving them! I'm hoping that video chats make a return at some point smile.gif They were great fun.

QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Oct 25 2017, 01:56 PM) *
There were some really good and inspiring BH collabs back in those days. High Risk was my first, based on the Set the Pace lesson (which I later recorded but only audio). I think my best one (judging my own performance here) was the When Spiders Attack one, but I also remember Dragonborn as one of my personal favorites. Ben was and is inspiring in many ways, his lessons, his posts in this forum, not to mention the Tuesday video chats.

Hello.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 04:32 PM