2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Woke Up This Morning...........
Mertay
Nov 1 2017, 10:09 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Nov 1 2017, 05:56 PM) *

My experience was the reverse sad.gif

The first week at my first school (where I studied classical music), the school also had a jazz department that was new. They only accepted a few students so I volunteered to play guitar...having no experience playing jazz.

Man the teacher was an A..hole, I had no concept of jamming at the time barely managed to play the right notes yet no motivation or advice from him. Left the volunteering after 2.nd week, didn't even inform him...2 years later the department closed anyway biggrin.gif

Funny I left the classical and graduated from a jazz school after that biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Nov 1 2017, 10:10 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 2 2017, 09:08 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I ain't quitting.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 5 2017, 10:31 PM
I'm back on it biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 6 2017, 02:58 AM
Super cool!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 5 2017, 05:31 PM) *
I'm back on it biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 6 2017, 06:50 AM
I took my own advice.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=58676

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 6 2017, 12:39 PM
I've done the same really. I had a couple of days going crazy with silly effects then picked a new lesson. I've said to Gab that I don't want to plug away for months trying to break a barrier anymore. If I stop improving a lesson for two weeks we should pick a new one and come back to the tricky one. I think I'll still improve even if I end up picking a new lesson every month. It won't go stale. I'll be trying to play different licks which hopefully will open up my vocabulary. Obviously if I'm managing to improve and keep getting closer to the lesson speed I'll carry on. The last lesson I was stuck on for 10 months and kept plugging away even though Gab suggested trying a new lesson because I hate something beating me I get obstinate and plug away. I know now that that isn't good for me.
Life lesson learnt!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 6 2017, 08:05 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:53 PM